Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

That is a good deal Mark, 31 bucks. Purty cool.
Was thinking about shirts too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
That is a good deal Mark, 31 bucks. Purty cool.
Was thinking about shirts too.
Yeah uprinting.com has some great rates for color paper printing. I do alot of business with them for some of my graphic design clients...

I did some Zombie designs for my site the other day for shirts and am going to get a few printed through Cafe Press but they are kind of expensive starting around $25 each...

Paul said he wants to make some for here with the design I did but he has been busy and not got a chance to yet... I may make up a couple for me just for riding though LOL...

Last edited by MarkSumpter; 03-02-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Gutter Rider

My lights from china came in they are just what I was hoping for. Very small light [in weight] and compact! They are nothing like what wally has right now or wut they have ever offered lol. Now its time to work on auxiliary power magnetos!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:03 PM

ordered a shift kit! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Staff

Awesome Skarrd. Please post links to a build thread or lots of pics here? I am getting one when this project is done, (read payed for, lol) http://motorbicycling.com/f28/floati...art-27577.html Would really enjoy seeing your work before I get mine.

Car was still in shop so rode bike to work, then to shop. Check engine light, no matter what I did would not go off to pass emissions. $333 and an O2 sensor later light is still on and I learn my car is older then needs to be hooked to the testing computer and will just get a thing stuck up it's tail pipe. Strange Symmetry there, eh? double and depressing snicker.

Ridding to work, seat feels broken. Get there so cold fingers hurt. Really dunno how you northern folks do it all winter. Get in and grab a cup of coffee and a smoke. Look under the seat and the spring is gone! No kidding, the whole thing is just not there. Cracked me up. Really, how the **** can the spring get gone? My favorite saddle too. Uber cheap but unbelievably comfortable. It was cushy for the tushy. Now, not so much. Well, half any way.

But man motorized bicycle commuting is great! Nice way to clear your head for the day and to end it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seat spring.jpg (66.1 KB, 32 views)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-03-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Awesome Skarrd. Please post links to a build thread or lots of pics here? I am getting one when this project is done, (read payed for, lol) http://motorbicycling.com/f28/floati...art-27577.html Would really enjoy seeing your work before I get mine.
yeah i was e-mailing sbp about the chainrings since i have a 24" wheel, rather than a 26" they were happy to substitute different chainrings for me. going with a 44-48 setup rather than the 36-44

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Painted the cooling fan shroud on my HS. Hammered gray color, looks pretty good!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:42 PM

got my china girl switched over to that huffy today. gonna finish tommrow sumtime. gotta git sum new bolts for the chain tensioner and git my rear rack on N all. that springer like front end its got feels purdy good with motor on it after taking a few test runs. prolly gonna sell the mutt bike i had it on this weekend
Old 03-03-2011, 08:13 PM

hammerd paint makes so-so stuff look good. kinda like satin paint on a wavey car, good for hiding imperfections [like my spellin]
Old 03-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Nothing new. Still stripping down Higgins parts, often to bare metal if need be. Still painting Red, Red, Red. It'll really make the white tires stand out.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner