Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

this is the cylinder for my chrome bike and yes I cleaned it up more after this pic and I added a reed valve http://motorbicycling.com/attachment...4&d=1432592582 this is the bike I finished yesterday http://motorbicycling.com/attachment...6&d=1432601375
Old 05-26-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBS View Post
this is the cylinder for my chrome bike and yes I cleaned it up more after this pic and I added a reed valve http://motorbicycling.com/attachment...4&d=1432592582 this is the bike I finished yesterday http://motorbicycling.com/attachment...6&d=1432601375
OOOOH, AWWW, PRETTY BIKE, I wouldn't want to ride it and get it dirty.LOL
fatdaddy.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:14 PM

yea I know I like to paint them to match the bike just need to do the chain and fuel line and ignition then its off to key west for sale got a guy taking 4 of them down there to sell
Old 05-26-2015, 04:21 PM

Today I will be swapping some forks out. I was given two mountain bike frames, both with engines, and an assortment of parts. I hope to make one complete bike that will be my daily driver until I get my custom project off the ground, then will become my backup bike once my other project is complete. So I am switching forks because one frame has a disc fork, but the other frame is in better shape for use. I won't be able to run a disc right away because the pads and calipers are missing, so I will be installing a c-brake for the time being but I figured easier to switch forks now before the bike is together and all the hand controls have to be disconnected.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:29 PM

well this is my project juts for MEEEEEEE!!!!! the rake of the forks is way to much im getting another set http://motorbicycling.com/attachment...3&d=1432592502 this is the cylinder I smoothed it out a lot more http://motorbicycling.com/attachment...4&d=1432592582 and added the reed valve ramped the piston and notched it also adding the diamond Jake's head the H-D bolt lighting ignition and a competition carb with the 32 tooth sprocket it should be a good ride lol

Last edited by DRBS; 05-26-2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: forgot pic
Old 05-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBS View Post
well this is my project juts for MEEEEEEE!!!!! the rake of the forks is way to much im getting another set http://motorbicycling.com/attachment...3&d=1432592502 this is the cylinder I smoothed it out a lot more http://motorbicycling.com/attachment...4&d=1432592582 and added the reed valve ramped the piston and notched it also adding the diamond Jake's head the H-D bolt lighting ignition and a competition carb with the 32 tooth sprocket it should be a good ride lol
MAN! I keep going back to that photo & looking at them wide white walls and all that twisted steel and CHROME, and I envision some dude cruising along, humming Margaritaville while watching the tourists on that baby. What a piece of work!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:03 AM

First cruise to work of the season for me today. They swept the shoulders yesterday on the last 5 miles of my commute, which is the busy part with traffic the rest is rural along a river. My grin goes ear to ear this morning, it's like my own private lane out there. Gorgeous clear calm sunny day here in Maine, I hope everyone else's Friday is off to as nice a start as mine! Hoping to drill my intake cover and size my HS142F jet this weekend.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:23 AM

yea the bikes a beauty I even but a light coat of that prismatic paint for the rainbow effect really looks f great in the sun cant wait for the rest of the parts to get here!!!! ill be sure to post a video on here or on my facebook page
Old 05-31-2015, 04:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Very cool & breezy, so today I have fired the ol' soldier up & listened while I spend some time making improvements to my garage. Perhaps a ride around the 'hood in a bit after a walk-around. Difficult to hear the engine over the wind chimes, today.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:04 PM

Mixed bag for me today. I pulled the carb off my HS142F, sized up the main jet and aerated the stock cover AGK style. I was all excited to get out and test. Then while I was changing the oil, I noticed my crank was loose, went to tighten the cotter pin, and discovered that the threads were stripped, argh! The chainring itself has always been out of round, so at least I have a chance to upgrade it. But now I can't really test my jetting or even ride till I get some new crank parts since I'm on a coaster brake in back. Buddy of mine just said "weld it" and I was seriously considering it but that would just make it harder to remove to fix properly. So kind of a bummer today. I've got my eyes on either one of sportscarpat's cranksets or just going whole hog and setting up an SBP shifter kit which would require rebuilding my rear wheel with a new hub. Gonna see if I can figure something out to safely repair what I've got here in the mean time.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner