Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:38 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
The 'transformation' continues......

Discovered that my brother-in-law had a 3/4" conduit bender --- score!! everything clears on exhaust version 8.1. Sounds even better.

Disregard the red pedals on the new color scheme. The green ones I got had larger thread size than the Huffy's. Oh well, I now know that pedals aren't the same!
Looks great Mark..... just had to match that monster green roller huh..... I like it!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:35 AM

Hadn't got a lot done in the last few days due to all the rain we've been getting and being so busy at the shop. I was able to score me an old referigerator for $20 that I'm going to make into my powder coat oven. This will be big enough to fit a bike frame into once it's gutted out... then I will need to buy the oven insulation and line the inside with some sheet steel. That's gonna be a job in it's self to do but I got all the metal here for it already, the insulation is kinda pricy but the temp controller and heat coils I can get for under 100 so it looks like I can have mine built for just around $200 once all the parts are bought so i'm going to hold off on painting the frame and forks until this thing is built... in the meantime I'll be powder coating all the smaller parts so I can have everything ready...

Nice color scheme Mark... That's kinda the way I'm planning to go with the Stingray and I'm powder coating all the small parts in candy lime green... I already had the regular lime green purchased then I saw the candy version of the color so I ended up buying the "almost krome" base coat and the lime green candy coat since I liked the way it looked a lot better than the stuff I already had.
anyway, your bike looks really nice... I like it
Old 05-15-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Looks great Mark..... just had to match that monster green roller huh..... I like it!

Thanks -- only took 2 years to get it to this point! Orange you glad you didn't send me a pink roller?

On another note, I did use a competitor's spray paint. Used Valspar Tropical Foliage in satin. The sprayer on this can was amazing!! The paint came out in more of a low pressure 'fog' --- great coverage and nearly impossible to make a run. Please don't tell my employeer!
Old 05-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Discovered it pays to check that dinky tank when having starting problems. Then, when it's actually moving, I try to get used to my newly installed suspension fork.
The number of mods done since joining motorbicycling.com is amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05142015 (4)j40.jpg (1.09 MB, 35 views)
Old 05-15-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Thanks -- only took 2 years to get it to this point! Orange you glad you didn't send me a pink roller?

On another note, I did use a competitor's spray paint. Used Valspar Tropical Foliage in satin. The sprayer on this can was amazing!! The paint came out in more of a low pressure 'fog' --- great coverage and nearly impossible to make a run. Please don't tell my employeer!
I dont own anything colored pink so you would never have had to worry about that.....lol

Valspar spray paint and especially there clear enamel is the best Ive seen or used from a rattle can.

Yes it is thicker, covers better and just leaves a much better finish in my experience.

I wont tell.......
Old 05-15-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
Discovered it pays to check that dinky tank when having starting problems. Then, when it's actually moving, I try to get used to my newly installed suspension fork.
The number of mods done since joining motorbicycling.com is amazing.
Really nice looking bike PH
Old 05-17-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
I dont own anything colored pink so you would never have had to worry about that.....lol

Valspar spray paint and especially there clear enamel is the best Ive seen or used from a rattle can.

Yes it is thicker, covers better and just leaves a much better finish in my experience.

I wont tell.......
I gotta agree about the valspar paint...they're also who makes the House of Kolor line of automotive paints and I use it exclusively when doing custom work and airbrushing since its very consistant, easy to spray and clean up, and I can get far better coverage with less paint. You can get house of kolor in rattlecans... if you can find it or know where to look, but the valspar paint is of the same type and quality... definitely good stuff.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:57 AM

Yup.. Very nice bike PH
Old 05-17-2015, 01:20 AM

Well I actually got the base coat on all the small parts powder coated today since things at the shop were slow... since all these parts will be candy lime green they need a nice metallic base coat and the green I ordered came with the Krome base coat... after doing a few parts to get the technique and the right amount of powder on the parts I started to notice this stuff can easily pass for chrome... I had to sand blast a few of the parts I did earlier and redo them after seeing just how chrome like this stuff is supposed to look... here are some of the parts coated and awaiting the top coat... pics in next post... damn kindle...
Old 05-17-2015, 01:21 AM

Can't post pics from the kindle... but it works from the phone...

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner