Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Didn't work the bikes at all today since I had to go and help the bird club at their bird mart so I got to walk around all day with our blue and gold macaw on my shoulder.. she behaved perfectly for me but her claws are a little on the sharp side and my shoulders are all scratched up now.... now I got the scrapes and scratches to match the road rash ingot on my stomach and chest from taking a spill on my customer's bike Friday while I was riding it in my parking lot breaking in the engine... it didn't hurt the bike at all but it body slammed me into the gravel at about 25 mph. I got it going too fast for the gravel, grabbed a handful of front brake and hit a loose spot, locked the front wheel and before I could let go of the brakes it had me flying like superman for about 10 feet and I landed belly first on the parking lot.
this bike has a LOT of torque so it hits 25 to 30 very quickly and I'm guessing it's gonna be able to hit 35 or so pretty easily after it breaks in.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:12 PM

I Did This
Old 05-04-2015, 07:45 PM

Cool... Nice Stingray too... So how's it running with the new 4 stroke engine?

I'm still gathering up parts for mine... and healing up from my little spill last week... lol , my ribs are sore as **** but nothing is broken... just a few bruises on my belly, chest, and ego...

Today my seat came in as well as the powder coat colors I need for all my small parts... I still need to find time to get my argon bottle filled so I can add in a few gussets in the known weak areas, then it's off to a LOT of painting and airbrush work...
Old 05-04-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
Cool... Nice Stingray too... So how's it running with the new 4 stroke engine?

I'm still gathering up parts for mine... and healing up from my little spill last week... lol , my ribs are sore as **** but nothing is broken... just a few bruises on my belly, chest, and ego...

Today my seat came in as well as the powder coat colors I need for all my small parts... I still need to find time to get my argon bottle filled so I can add in a few gussets in the known weak areas, then it's off to a LOT of painting and airbrush work...
Thanks! She's running nice enough that I wish I had done this first. still needs lots of work, I need a bigger drive sprocket for sure, better motor mount too. you know, the usual.

hope you feel better soon, nothing stings like a bruised ego, that said chicks dig scars right?

can't wait to see your bike's progress.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:24 PM

Luckily nothings bad enough to leave a permanent mark but I did hit the ground pretty hard belly first... got a little road rash on my palms but its almost completely gone already and the road rash on my belly is just a few scabs now... the right side of my belly probably has about 10 or 12 small scabs but they're fading fast... but damn... when it happened it sent a shockwave all the way up my back and neck, my teeth were hurting and my sinuses felt like they were gonna explode but I never hit my head... just stood there for about 5 minutes trying to recover but mostly worried about the bike since its not mine... luckily its not even noticeable that it went down...and it stayed running for a few minutes until I was able to go pick it up. I was mostly concearned about the bike but the customer just laughed when I told him about it...

I was way too busy today to mess with the bike then my seat came in as well as the powder coat colors I needed... and I have to walk by the packages all day wishing it was slow enough at the shop to at least get the parts sand blasted and the base coat shot on a few pieces... but of course it was busy when my stuff comes in... hopefully tomorrow I can get a few things done before I open up so I can at least get a few progress pics posted...
Old 05-05-2015, 11:17 PM

Think I've finally got to a stopping point for the mods on my current bike. The new front rim and Continental CityRide tires sure make for a smoother ride! Still testing the limits of the 1.75 width versus the 2.35's that were original to the bike. Even though they're skinnier, they seem to have more 'grip' The reflective sidewalls will also help to make it safer.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:48 PM

Nice looking bike
Old 05-06-2015, 12:03 AM

Too busy today but I did get the customer's bike back to him and he was very happy with the repairs and upgrades.. I just did a basic port job to this one and it came out with tons of torque using the nt carb and a modified stock exhaust.. his brother rode the bike home but I'm sure he got to try it out shortly after...

After I closed up shop I did have enough time to sand blast some of the parts I powder coated in black so I can redo them in candy lime green.. if I can get to the shop at least 45 minutes before I open up I will get the base coat shot on and cured. I have to shoot on the "almost chrome" base then cure it before I can shoot on the color coat so I should have some pics to post tomorrow or Friday depending on how much free time I got...
I've also been looking into making a big enough powder coat oven to cure a full size frame and the parts are surprisingly inexpensive... it looks like I can build a good sized oven for around $200 so I'm going to start gathering parts for that project real soon since I would much rather powder coat the frame and fork legs instead of painting them...
Hopefully I can have a good week this week and I should be able to get all the parts together so I can build a big oven next weekend...
Old 05-10-2015, 03:00 PM

The 'transformation' continues......

Discovered that my brother-in-law had a 3/4" conduit bender --- score!! everything clears on exhaust version 8.1. Sounds even better.

Disregard the red pedals on the new color scheme. The green ones I got had larger thread size than the Huffy's. Oh well, I now know that pedals aren't the same!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:32 PM

re-packed my bearings today.
Wrote down the URL for these forums for the guy at the autoparts store.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner