Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:20 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

i know what you mean i swap out the rag joint bolts for all 8 grade bolts nuts and washers paint it to match the bike Loctite on the nuts and bolts run it for a few days to work out the bugs and then even give them a bottle of 2 stroke oil in a squeeze bottle mark it for first gallon then for there after so I just don't get these ppl sure i charge more but quality costs besides i end up fixing the bikes after they buy the cheaper one LOL just don't get it

Last edited by DRBS; 05-01-2015 at 01:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-01-2015, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
So true about looks sell...
you can build a rock solid dependable and quick bike but spend no time making it look good and someone can slap on a cheap ebay kit that's hard to start, shakes like crazy with a too speed of 25mph but looks awesome with chrome and billet parts etc and that bike will sell quicker than the fast good running one... and at a much higher price...
Yep, but personallyId mu h rather have and old Maveric Grabber with a 429 CJ shoe horned off in it than a new Camaro with a 4 or 6 banger in it...

Speed is what I need... all the Bling dont make me sing....!!!

All this said I honestly want to have a couple of really nice looking bikes tha5 run as good as they look, and I will eventually just a matter of time when I can find it and Ill have Taffy going and she'll look fairly good I think.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Yep, but personallyId mu h rather have and old Maveric Grabber with a 429 CJ shoe horned off in it than a new Camaro with a 4 or 6 banger in it...

All this said I honestly want to have a couple of really nice looking bikes tha5 run as good as they look, and I will eventually just a matter of time when I can find it and Ill have Taffy going and she'll look fairly good I think.
Then ya ride it for a year and its just another scuffed, scratched oily bike. Thank God ya cant scuff the FUN out of em.
fatdaddy.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:

Same here. Or better yet, a Chevy 572 crate engine in one of my Willys jeeps!
But did you know that the base engine in the new Camaro is a 323 hp V6? Not too shabby for a commuter, and they're not terribly expensive either. And if you have the money to spend you can get up to 580 hp, right off the showroom floor!
Old 05-01-2015, 04:48 PM

I decided to go off-roading on my motorized cross bike (which is built up to be more like a road bike. Found a dirt fire road in a state of extreme disrepair in a park and rode down it at about 30mph just for the **** of it, and somehow the chainring bolts on my rear sprocket managed to unscrew themselves (again) even though I used threadlocker on them. Managed to limp home at about 10mph, using mostly pedal power. Tomorrow I am going to weld the bolts so that they can never unscrew again.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:

Same here... One of my favorite rides was my old '67 Ford pickup I lowered and shoehorned a 460 and a C6 in it... It was just painted with that rust red primer and I used to love going out Mustang hunting on friday and saturday nights in that thing... People would never give it a second look most the time but it took a Lot of mustangs and camaros by surprise... I remember I smoked this other guy who had an older souped up Ford truck and he followed me all the way to my work to see what I had under the hood... lol
I really miss that one... it was the most fun I could have with my pants on at the time and I'd prefer to take that one out every time over our newer nicer cars.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
Same here... One of my favorite rides was my old '67 Ford pickup I lowered and shoehorned a 460 and a C6 in it... It was just painted with that rust red primer and I used to love going out Mustang hunting on friday and saturday nights in that thing... People would never give it a second look most the time but it took a Lot of mustangs and camaros by surprise... I remember I smoked this other guy who had an older souped up Ford truck and he followed me all the way to my work to see what I had under the hood... lol
I really miss that one... it was the most fun I could have with my pants on at the time and I'd prefer to take that one out every time over our newer nicer cars.
I had a '68 shortbed Ford with a cammed and Holley carbed 390 and 3 on the tree. It was pretty quick. Now I have a '77 shortbed 4x4 Ford with cammed and Holley carbed 460, granny low 4 speed and NP205.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:31 PM

I put the sprocket bolts on pretty much dead tight - recheck at 80 to 100 miles when I do other final adjustments and have not seen them loosen ever.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
I had a '68 shortbed Ford with a cammed and Holley carbed 390 and 3 on the tree. It was pretty quick. Now I have a '77 shortbed 4x4 Ford with cammed and Holley carbed 460, granny low 4 speed and NP205.
Nice... also had a 4x4 75 blazer with a cammed 350 with a performer rpm intake, Holley 750 vacuum secondary with the trick kit, headers, and dynomaxes with a turbo 350 automatic and np203 full time 4 wheel drive, even tho this one weighed about 5500lb and it was a small block it could still pull a low 15 second quarter mile and it could usually beat most 5.0 mustangs from stop light to stop light... that thing would also top out around 120 or so... it was pretty nerve racking when it buried the speedometer and was still accelerating really good when it had a 4" lift kit and 33" tires... I never fully topped it out because I would always back off once it buried the speedo...
I was looking for a np205 transfer case for it since those cases were bullet proof and you could take it out of 4wd when not needed.

Now I have an 86 nissan 720 4x4 that I'm getting ready to put a real engine in to replace the wimpy little 2.4 4 banger.... I was going to put a turbo on that engine but that would only bring it to around 200 or so Hp unless I totally rebuilt it with lower compression and forged pistons... basically to get it passed the 300 Hp mark it would cost a lot less to just drop a small block in it and it would be a lot stronger so I'm looking for either a 5.0 ford or an older Chevy 350 for it.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:58 AM

So today's progress was mostly on the stingray frame... finally got it stripped all the way to bare metal... now its time to start making the gussets and doublers for the lower frame and seat post tubing. I'm also thinking about somehow making an in frame fuel tank or at least making a custom tank that'll look a lot better than a Chinese peanut tank on that frame...
I also ordered the powder coat colors I will be using so I'll have it when I'm ready and I got most the chrome blasted off the parts that will get powder coated. Now I definitely need to get my argon bottle filled because I'm ready to start welding.

After I closed up shop I took out the customer's bike and worked on breaking in the engine by taking off hard and slowing down over and over in my parking lot...this one has a LOT of torque and feels like it'll reach at least 30mph or more once the engine loosens up some more. The engine is already becoming easy to start and its also starting to run a lot smoother so this one will be nice for whoever ends up with it... the owner has decided he's going to raffle it for some type of benefit so I am thinking about donating a Fred head and a decent pipe before giving it back if I can get the parts before he picks it up. Pretty much all I've done to this engine was widen the intake and exhaust ports, clean up the transfers and open up the transfer tunnels, then I ramped the piston down 1mm at the exhaust and the same at the transfers but aimed the transfer ramps more toward the intake side, and I also cut 5mm off the intake side of the piston skirt. I used a stock pipe but drilled 4 more 5/16" holes thru the end cap and a few extra holes in the pipe inside the muffler. The bike is still nice and quiet but the exhaust flows really nice. The carb is a stock nt with the stock air filter and stock steel intake manifold that had some dremel work to match up to the intake port so this engine does have some potential to make a lot more power with a real pipe and a better intake if the final owner so desires... I set this engine up to make good torque but it should be capable of 35 to 40 mph with the right pipe and a straight intake along with a 40 tooth sprocket...

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner