Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
A lot of goodies there for sure......

If I didnt work like I do and lived in an area where I could sell a good amount of bikes, Id love to have a home based Motorized bike business, but where I live isnt a good place for it and I dont have the time, I have a hard enough time just getting my own projects finished.
Sounds like a lot of fun, Don't it? And it is, until it turns into a real JOB. I've been doing it for a few years now, And I still enjoy my shop. Untill the idiots show up, YA still gotta be a professional while explaining to the guy that a jet engine attached to his bike may not be the best idea he's ever had. AND NO, I don't work for free, ALL of your friends think you should, JUST FOR THEM. You can give a friend a little break, but not at the expense of your business, MOST of your friends wont see it that way. TRUST me brother, It aint as easy or as much fun as you think its gonna be. I still wouldn't give it up for ANYTHING.
fatdaddy.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:28 PM

Took mine out for a real shake down run --- about 45 minutes at about 3/4 speed. New rear wheel bearing adjustment is no different than at the start. Chain is still 'tight' and quiet. And the new exhaust pipe is attaining a great color fade!

A very satisfying outing!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:28 PM

Well Rumplestiltskin........idle fingers and a warm keyboard just spells a thinner wallet. Just ordered a matching new front wheel and Continental City Ride tire. The mis-matched set just felt 'wrong'. Oh well, it'll be right in a week or so.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:38 PM

ive been building these for over 3 years now and would never stop its very rewarding and keeps me moving besides where else can you have so much fun
Old 04-24-2015, 12:03 AM

Added some of those plastic fenders to the green bike, got it up and running good again, new Mag coil did the trick, mounted cdi in new location and got kill switch hooked back up, added some top bar panniers and it has a new cdi, new mag, a couple zip ties and a stubby Philips screwdriver, this bike isnt gonna strand me again because of the mag or cdi.....lol!

Ch3cked to see how far I peddled the other day and my guess was right on the button 8 miles, dirt road, up hill 2/3 of the way with wind in my face...... I was so spent by the time I made it home....lol!

Project #2 today was to put mt Puch head on the Western Flyer which has the Half Breed engine, also put my old faithful home grown exhaust pipe in it along with a new NGK plug, roqd the western flyer 26 miles today and its still running like a champ on the 25:1 mix of 40wt non detergent, hit 43.5 mph today but I was on a downward slope that that doesnt really count.....lol will do 39-41mph on the flat with no head wind, I been putting this thing through its paces and not babying it to see how it holds up, so far so good and I even put one of the better looking chinese upper bearings in this engine, actually running smoother than the GT5 engine now, 107 miles so far and its settled in about as good as its going to I think.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:37 AM

ordered a few new carbs today a few hub adapters got that piece of aluminum pipe in thanks mapbike for the idea going to cut a few pieces think ill hit it inside and out a whole bunch of times with a chisel to add burs to hold it better hope they dont slip but we will see going to put another schwinn midway together and see how the adapter holds up
Old 04-24-2015, 06:16 AM

The Velo Solex parts I was waiting for arrived from France today so tomorrow it will be my Wu-Yang's turn to have some work done on it. Today was spent hunting out Raleigh parts for my latest acquisition as well as finding all the bits for my faux Rudge project so I can get that back together again.
Just like chocolate one motor-bicycle is never enough.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:40 AM

"Just like chocolate one motor-bicycle is never enough." --Intrepid Wheelwoman.

I know just what you mean. Right now I have a motored bike that I'm happy with plus a pedal bike that I'm happy with. But........there's a bike for motorizing in my basement right now that I'm feeling the urge for. I'd have built it by now if it weren't that there are higher priorities. But it won't be long.

But I did have a breakdown on my current motorized bike yesterday morning on the way to work. It won't be a really difficult fix. But my workweeks are fairly intense. So it'll be Monday before I can do the repairs. (And that puts the new bike back a bit again, of course.)

So in the meantime, it's either the pedal bike or the car for me.

Bummer. But, then, repairs really are just a part of the game, aren't they?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoatwoods View Post

Bummer. But, then, repairs really are just a part of the game, aren't they?
Indeed they are I hope you get your motor-bicycle back on the road again soon.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:39 AM

when I was a kid i had a 1962 solex i had to order a carb rebuild kit and the friction wheel from Germany it took two months to get here boy was I impatient but it was worth it. the motor ran beautiful and had more power but ate through tires even faster than before but was a joy to ride i think the motor is still kicking around somewhere

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner