Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

That's a great idea for making a tank and nice job on cutting up a few of the propane bottles to give it the capacity you're looking for... Personally I would just grind or power sand all the paint off and then clear coat it to show the braze joints, but either way it'll work great and look just as good... I'll most likely fab my own tank for the Stingray once I get it that far along but I'm not even gonna start on it until the bike is at least at the roller stage of the build. I'm just in the process of de rusting a lot of parts, buying parts that were either missing or rusted beyond help etc right now....
Old 04-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Hello. Im new to this posting stuff but this is what I have been working on for a some weeks now. Hope you can see the photo as Im not to sure how to use this sight.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:57 PM

Deleted due to my own stupidity

Does not come with a fortune cookie."

Last edited by GearNut; 04-22-2015 at 01:58 PM. Reason: I goofed up
Old 04-22-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostontom View Post
Hello. Im new to this posting stuff but this is what I have been working on for a some weeks now. Hope you can see the photo as Im not to sure how to use this sight.
I think the witches from Salem stole your pic bro, cause it didn't show up here. Try again. We all like build pics.

fatdaddy.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfox View Post
Another thing that works good for tanks like mapbike's,is track light canisters. Nice round dome end and different sizes. just make sure they are steel not aluminum. I got mine at habitat store $2 each. If you stick a piece of brass ,copper ,or aluminum behind the holes you can weld them shut the weld wont sick to it................Curt
Thanks Curt good tip.... I'll look into those.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Yep no pic bostontom, try again... looking forward to seeing what ya got going on.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
That's a great idea for making a tank and nice job on cutting up a few of the propane bottles to give it the capacity you're looking for... Personally I would just grind or power sand all the paint off and then clear coat it to show the braze joints, but either way it'll work great and look just as good... I'll most likely fab my own tank for the Stingray once I get it that far along but I'm not even gonna start on it until the bike is at least at the roller stage of the build. I'm just in the process of de rusting a lot of parts, buying parts that were either missing or rusted beyond help etc right now....
Well Dave if my brazing was a bit cleaner and more uniform that would look nice and I actually considered that, but it was a bit rough in a couple places and I already sprayed the thing with truck bed liner, it d8dnt turn out good at all, I think the can I got must have been old or just a bad product, I've used a different type on it before and it worked nice but this stuff is crap.....

I may see if I can strip it down again and redo it another way, the stuff I got was suppose to be a better thicker textured type and its junk.... I cant believe anyone would spray that mess in the bed of their truck.......

Im sure it will have to be ground off if I decide to go that route, oh well we live and learn with this type of stuff dont we.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:14 PM

Yep end up with a tank that would look like this one. ........Curt

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...and+motorcycle
Old 04-22-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfox View Post
Yep end up with a tank that would look like this one. ........Curt

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...and+motorcycle
oh yeah, great tank for a bike with a straight top bar.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Hi Tom, could be you didn't have your photo the correct size to have it allowed. I've found an EASY way to get photos on here is to use MS Paint to reduce size to 30% & convert to a JPEG image.
As with anything else, this site takes a bit of patience.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner