Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Last edited by mapbike; 04-21-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:58 PM

Well, I have it a little farther along than this now but this is all the pix for now, hopefully the coating I put on it will turn out, I didn't like the way it sprayed on, but if I dont like it I'll just wrap the tank, but this is my project for the day.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:59 PM

Shan, that just makes me want to get a welder!! I could 'stick' weld back in the day, but have never used a wirefeed welder..........

Hmmm, may have to push back my retirement a couple of weeks. However, I could use the welder to make a little extra money!! Retirement back on track! Love it when a plan comes together!! LOL!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

boxcar's photos remind me of the river trail here in my area. When heading down our trail, however, motors must be off.
Today I added a very low-buck bolt-on item that I know will make me happy. For $12.42 on eBay I found a center stand, and although there may be some kinks to be worked out, I am already much happier with this than constantly parking the bike next to an object to catch it when it falls.
One thing I'll hate replacing on the Micargi is the cushy seat - that sucker has lots of give & those springs underneath work well. Happily, I doubt I'll ever wind up buying a Brooks for this ride.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:06 PM

Smile Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Shan, that just makes me want to get a welder!! I could 'stick' weld back in the day, but have never used a wirefeed welder..........

Hmmm, may have to push back my retirement a couple of weeks. However, I could use the welder to make a little extra money!! Retirement back on track! Love it when a plan comes together!! LOL!
I did all of this with a acetylene and oxygen torch & fluxed brass rod, I do have a mig welder and a couple cracker box stick welders, but for things like this I like a torch and either brass rod or a cleaned up piece of just mild steel wire like a coat hanger, I'm no pro at it but I can make it work.

Best wishes and congratulations on retirement coming soon, being just a regular working fella myself I figure my retirement party will be at a funeral home and I'll miss it....LOL!

Old 04-21-2015, 11:42 PM

wheres my tank??? I want one
Old 04-22-2015, 02:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I sure do like the looks of that tank, even uncompleted. I've long had the urge to sit down & explain to whoever designed the 'kit' tanks just why it was wrong to put the opening for the valve on the right-hand side of the tank.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:09 AM

the studs need to be longer and made like the toilet bolts where you can snap them off at the length you need most the bikes nowadays have a bigger top bar and you just about have to make your own bracket to keep it tight to the bar
Old 04-22-2015, 03:17 AM

I'm thinking about building a tank I have a Mig welder and tons of time besides that I would get to play with my new dentist drill I just got to port cylinders with. only problem is I ordered the wrong burs for it now it will take another few weeks till there here in the mean time ill just use the mini bench grinders flex shaft
Old 04-22-2015, 08:42 AM

Another thing that works good for tanks like mapbike's,is track light canisters. Nice round dome end and different sizes. just make sure they are steel not aluminum. I got mine at habitat store $2 each. If you stick a piece of brass ,copper ,or aluminum behind the holes you can weld them shut the weld wont sick to it................Curt

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner