Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:33 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
Started stripping the rust off the front fork tubes on the stingray and removing the decals... the chrome is really thin and it comes right off with a twisted wire cup brush on an angle grinder then I left the fork legs in the carb dip to soften the decals for easier removal....
I've also decided to go with no chrome on this one so I'm most likely going to paint the fork legs and other chrome parts semi flat black then I'll pinstripe them with lime green and white pinstriping paint. I'm thinking about going with gloss black for the frame and airbrushing in some green realistic flames to complete the theme...
That sound like that will look excellent Dave, if the flames you airbrush on that bike are anything like the excellent work you've done on those helmets, that bike is gonna be sick......

Very excited for you on this build and looking forward to watching it come together for you.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:29 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Today I dug even further into the bike parts bin & discovered a unused Planet Bike computer that should work real well on the Micargi. That particular model of computer even has a thermometer - definitely nothing necessary; but, it will make riding more fun.
Then, while rooting around in my garage this evening I stumbled across an old set of Mozo suspension forks that I think will work real well on the little pig. Those should at least keep me from absorbing 100% of the shock from our bombed-out Michigan streets up through my arms.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
Today I dug even further into the bike parts bin & discovered a unused Planet Bike computer that should work real well on the Micargi. That particular model of computer even has a thermometer - definitely nothing necessary; but, it will make riding more fun.
Then, while rooting around in my garage this evening I stumbled across an old set of Mozo suspension forks that I think will work real well on the little pig. Those should at least keep me from absorbing 100% of the shock from our bombed-out Michigan streets up through my arms.
I really enjoy having suspension forks, it does make the ride so much better.

I do a lot of my riding on rough dirt roads, with pot holes and rub board areas, a couple of my bikes dont have suspension forks and they beat me half to death on these roads sometime...lol

I plan to have suspension forks on all my bikes in the future.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:24 PM

schwinnc.jpg this is the one I did today like the paint job????
Old 04-17-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBS View Post
Attachment 77426 this is the one I did today like the paint job????
Looks good to me, is that a Huffy?

Was thinking they recently came out with a frame like that, but may have my wires crossed on that....lol

At any rate it looks good and that frame is screaming in frame fuel tank.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:47 PM

its a Schwinn midway 29" steel frame and rims its a newer model motor kit the front mount is a 1 1/2" comes with the nt speed carb and has a really nice cylinder most of the mold lips and other b.s. in the ports are really clean better than most of the ones ive been getting
Old 04-17-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
its a Schwinn midway 29" steel frame and rims its a newer model motor kit the front mount is a 1 1/2" comes with the nt speed carb and has a really nice cylinder most of the mold lips and other b.s. in the ports are really clean better than most of the ones ive been getting
Dang-it thats right, I remember you saying something about that Schwinn 29er.

I'd like to have on of those frames and I'd put eitheer a 24" or a 26" rear wheel and then 26" with a suspension fork on front for a lower stretched out look.

I like that bike, I bet the standard 44T sprocket gears that 29" wheel similar to what a 26" wheel would be with maybe a 38T.

How is the overall balance of those engines?
Old 04-17-2015, 05:27 PM

should be but id rather put a 36 on this one I bought the hub adapter from kings and it wasn't the right size silly me didn't read the caliper right thought it was 1.50 but it was 1.25 guess I have two of these hub adapters that ill never use oh well live and learn..................how to read LOL
Old 04-17-2015, 05:30 PM

i need to figure out a spacer to turn these 1.50 down to 1.25 then i would be able to use these on the Schwinn midways
Old 04-17-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
should be but id rather put a 36 on this one I bought the hub adapter from kings and it wasn't the right size silly me didn't read the caliper right thought it was 1.50 but it was 1.25 guess I have two of these hub adapters that ill never use oh well live and learn..................how to read LOL
The 1.5 hub adapters are for many of the coaster brake hubs like the Shimano CB-E110, Huffy Falcon, K-Stop and a few others, I know you don't use coaster hubs though.

A split bushing could be made and then they could be used on the 1.250 hub size wheels.

If you could find some aluminum tubing with a 1.250 ID and the right wall thickness you could cut a piece, split it and you'd have your bushings to adapter those for the 1.250 hubs.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner