Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:09 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

1 13mm from bottom ring 7/32" two then continue to drill two holes then two more below them stopping 3mm from bottom of piston so in all 6 holes you also need to make room in intake port for the top reed to work. you need to take off a little bit about 1mm. they really do make a difference while going up hill or against the wind. check this page out there is a lot of good info here I did change the hole pattern to two by two seems to work better I know I went through 3 pistons to get it right!!! http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike...ill-piston.jpg

Last edited by DRBS; 03-30-2015 at 02:17 AM. Reason: add info
Old 03-30-2015, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBS View Post
1 13mm from bottom ring 7/32" two then continue to drill two holes then two more below them stopping 3mm from bottom of piston so in all 6 holes you also need to make room in intake port for the top reed to work. you need to take off a little bit about 1mm. they really do make a difference while going up hill or against the wind. check this page out there is a lot of good info here I did change the hole pattern to two by two seems to work better I know I went through 3 pistons to get it right!!! http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike...ill-piston.jpg
Thank you for taking the time to share this, its always great to learn new things and Im sure there are those who will see this in the future and it may help them get a reed setup working for them, Ive never ran reeds in the chine girl engine's, but its something I have been interested in.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:50 AM

check out mimiami on ebay has a fairly good reed valve set also matt at bicyclemotorworks has them too.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
check out mimiami on ebay has a fairly good reed valve set also matt at bicyclemotorworks has them too.
I was going to buy one last week but when I went to his ebay page the reeds were gone...
There's another seller bicycle motor works who sells the genuine RSE reeds tho for $64.00 but I've been holding out to buy it from my Miami since the ones he sells have the slotted mount holes so they.will fit the 32 or 40mm bolt spacings.... also most my new jugs are coming in with the 35mm spacing so the slotted mount holes work perfect here, just gotta be sure everything stays centered when torquing down...
Old 03-30-2015, 10:28 AM

there the same I bought them there too. the ones that motorized bicycle works sells are a little different in the spacer but the reed valve is the same ive installed a few already everyone seems to like the power that they make
Old 03-30-2015, 11:54 PM

I started out today by ordering two engine sound dampening kits from sick bike parts. They're inserts of some sort that go under the clutch, magneto and output covers. Meant to dampen the engine's mechanical noise. I've had my eye on them for a while. But now that I think about it, I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen any review threads here. I suppose I'd better review them when I get mine installed.

Then I went to work on my handlebar mounted choke adjust.

I didn't think to get a photo of my cable stop. Or I should say my cable sheath stop. But it's an L bracket made out of aluminum. Mounted to the seat tube with a hole drilled in it for that cable to pass through. A return spring fills the space between that and the choke lever.
choke.JPG

Then run a cable up to the twist shifter on the handlebar.
twist grip.JPG

I took her out for a little test run and she seemed to be okay. It was warm out today, so there wasn't much need for choke. So it wasn't the best test. Still, it felt just fine to adjust the choke with my left hand on the grip. Cold morning starts ought to be a great deal easier now.

But tomorrow will be an errand running day. It ought to be more cool in the morning. Maybe I'll get a proper test then.

Last edited by bluegoatwoods; 03-30-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:24 AM

looks good bgw...

Ive threatened several times to make a choke cable set up mounted under the seat so I dont have to lean way over to push down on the choke lever.

more pix as you go so we can see what you end up with.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:20 AM

lets see I got my fixie 80cc bike running for first time this year replaced the carb to a run tog carb on the Astra this thing is pretty fast cant wait till someone rides it for the first time this is faster than the fixie I built last year now going to work on a Schwinn midway its a 29" bike like the Astra is so ill take the motor I bought and change the Japanese ones out for Timken ones and ramp the piston and clear out the transfer ports drill two holes near the bottom of piston and billet head 6cc ignition delay box and motorcycle coil should be pretty fast www.facebook.com/motorizedbikes that's my page

Last edited by DRBS; 03-31-2015 at 01:22 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-31-2015, 01:40 AM

Quote:
lets see I got my fixie 80cc bike running for first time this year replaced the carb to a run tog carb on the Astra this thing is pretty fast cant wait till someone rides it for the first time this is faster than the fixie I built last year now going to work on a Schwinn midway its a 29" bike like the Astra is so ill take the motor I bought and change the Japanese ones out for Timken ones and ramp the piston and clear out the transfer ports drill two holes near the bottom of piston and billet head 6cc ignition delay box and motorcycle coil should be pretty fast www.facebook.com/motorizedbikes that's my page
Scratch the ignition with retarded timing and just stay with a stock cdi unit and you'll be better off.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:20 AM

ive been using the timing thing my brother builds them for me, there are like 7 different ones out there mine actually do make it a tad bit more responsive and a little faster like 2-4 M.P.H. but its better than stock!! im ordering a Jake diamond head ice been using the dome top ones think ill try these and see if there any good

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner