Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

If it aint raining here tomorrow Ill make a good road trip, and tinker with some bike stuff.

Got the old white Huffy tore down a little for general maintenance and may end up sticking one of my GT5 dax lowers together for it, and put the rough old BGF engine on the shelf until I can put a better crank in it.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:33 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

rode my motorbike to my friends house, then after took it on a ride around the periphery of my town. took a little shorter route but I still went past the Folsom Prison and the lake like usual. then took all the residential streets, past all the nicer homes and finally ending it off with a hill bomb. I usually get around 40-42 down this one particular hill, but today was a bit more windy so only 37
Old 03-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Hmmm, "what did I do to My motorized bicycle today", put 37 more miles on it at 28mph. all for 31 cents worth of gas. Oh, and had a blast doing it.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

@ davezilla-

good compression and spark- leads me to think it is as simple as a sheared or damaged key for the flywheel?
Old 03-09-2015, 04:57 PM

ripped the freewheel off with a pipe wrench, hopefully be getting a replacement soon.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
If it aint raining here tomorrow Ill make a good road trip, and tinker with some bike stuff.

Got the old white Huffy tore down a little for general maintenance and may end up sticking one of my GT5 dax lowers together for it, and put the rough old BGF engine on the shelf until I can put a better crank in it.
:Edit of above post:

Working on a jug today, gonna get ports cleaned up for next engine build which will be one of my 38mm stroke dax lowers.

no riding for me today, rained last night, early morning, and been a hit and miss drizzle all day, miles of muddy country roads on a bike with no fenders isn't ideal riding conditions for me.

Suppose to be 70F and sunny by Friday so maybe Ill be able to get a ride in by then.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:03 PM

Just ordered a NT Speed carb and an aluminium 36 tooth sprocket and hub adapter.

I think that I will be able to adapt my current CNS V3 carb to the 1931 Briggs motor......
Old 03-09-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialnerror View Post
@ davezilla-

good compression and spark- leads me to think it is as simple as a sheared or damaged key for the flywheel?
I could only wish... checked for that and all was intact... it could still be an air leak in the case or at the crank seals, or there's a lot of dead fuel inside the case that hadn't flushed out, but this one wont even fire with a shot of ether down the carb so it looks more and more like the wrong mag rotor making a spark but way off timing so it wont fire, the guy gave me a basket of parts including a badly thrashed 49cc engine so its very possible it has the wrong mag rotor installed or one with the key slot in the wrong place. I'm still swapping out his parts with my known good spares whenever I get time to mess with it but I will get it running... I also have another new engine coming to me so I may give him the new engine and keep his to rebuild for a later project since the one I ordered will most likely sit in my stock room until I can find another bike And the time to set it all up.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:00 AM

Spent all day cleaning black out paint off vintage nickle plated parts...
Old 03-10-2015, 02:56 AM

spent the afternoon doing some port work and measuring on a couple of the jugs I have and plan to use on future engine builds, I did discover some interesting differences in a couple of the jugs I have, so I will be tinkering with these a bit when I have time again.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner