Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Very Nice looking bike... I saw the same things Map saw so no need to repeat...
Old 03-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Thanks for taking a look!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 AM

Took the bike on the usual trip down to the taco shop and back, but on the way back to the shop I pulled in the clutch to slow down, then let the clutch back out to get into the parking lot and Nothing... It was working perfect so I'll have to see what broke on it this time. I'm thinking most likely a woodruff key since it was working just fine and then nothing... Too busy at the shop to look at it now so hopefully I'll have all the cars done by closing time so I can open it up and take a look.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I still haven't fired it up yet, its been snowing here in Lubbock. Hopefully this weekend.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:38 AM

Snowing like crazy here today,about 17 degrees and the roads are not even plowed except the main roads and seen a guy on a bike going by"..............Curt
Old 03-03-2015, 10:45 AM

Not snowing down here in San Antonio, but the weather has been wet and nasty the last few days.... I usually don't ride mine unless the roads are dry but I took it for a ride yesterday morning before it got to nasty out... and now I need to make time to see what happened to my clutch... Good thing I got lots of spare parts here at the shop, but finding time to look at it can be challenging... not even 10:00 yet and got 4 cars to work today so far, had 9 cars before 10 yesterday and it just keeps getting busier over here...
Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 AM

Yep about 5" of snow and don't seem to faze them it seems no mater how cold there is a couple guys that pedal there bikes.............Curt
Old 03-03-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
Not snowing down here in San Antonio, but the weather has been wet and nasty the last few days.... I usually don't ride mine unless the roads are dry but I took it for a ride yesterday morning before it got to nasty out... and now I need to make time to see what happened to my clutch... Good thing I got lots of spare parts here at the shop, but finding time to look at it can be challenging... not even 10:00 yet and got 4 cars to work today so far, had 9 cars before 10 yesterday and it just keeps getting busier over here...
dang it Dave, hate to hear they grey ghost is giving the clutch troubles,hope its a simple and quick fix.

Being so busy at the shop is great tfor the pocket book for sure, but it isnice to have a little tinker time as well.

Hope yo7 make piles of $$$'s and hope you can get the bike lined out soon for those high speed taco shop runs in the morning.

map
Old 03-03-2015, 09:47 PM

Rode the Bonneville out to my fav taqueria for my fav crispy shredded chicken tacos and then worked out my kickstand solution for the Motoped.

Oh and I walked the dog for a mile and then ran her butt off at the dog park.

Life is good!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:48 PM

Ha!! I just finished workin on the bike, I come in and on the comp. my e-mail says what did i do to my bike??? Ha!! Well, first of all, last week, my chain drive Bridgestone started givin me trouble so thats it!! I took it to car wash , spraywanded it - removed spark plug, set the piston bottom dead center and just blasted it!!!
Then I got it home, removed the motor took it in the house, ( cold cold winter), got into the centrifugal clutch!! -added a small spring to it, did not want to shorten the big spring, cause i figured that If i messed up, then im screwed. This way , I can see how it acts, and if bad idea, i can just remove the extra spring.
Took carb apart, cleaned it, new gaskets, ( had to cut from gasket paper) and claeaned out the magneto- was so dirty, was wondering how electrical could flow. back together on bike, then had to shorten chain( steached chain) not so easy cause it is #25 chain. majior brake modification, new brake and shifter levers, new shifter cable and new brake shoes. Also when I went to start it, the starter recoil spring came out of its ancor seat and the rope just hung out and did not wind back!! At this point I did not know weather to scream, laugh, swear or cry, so i just threw my bike lock at it!!
got it done but i was tired . 15 minute repair.
Anyway when I rode bike, wow!! it idled just a bit higher without idleling on the clutch (centrifugal) and it rode nice and slow , but alot more power and high rpms I dont know the physics and dont know that if i strenghen clutch spring like i did, will it engauge fully?? or will i be burning it all the way down the road?? Well, now, my motor chain is smashing up, so i cannot test at high speed.
TODAY i checked the motor chain, and its so badly streached, it did not fit on the sprockets!! I went to my stash, and got a brand new chain,( have two new spare ones) that i have been saving for 7 years!! sure came in handy,..put new chain on, and tracks great!! I hightened my frame, locked out my high bicycle cog, worn bad and skips , set my low range derailer, brake shoe adjustment, and installed new idler bearing. Too tired to go and fire it up, its cold outside still, until tommrrow when the weather gets warmer.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner