Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Aired up the tires adjusted the front wheel skewer, it was too tight and the hub wasn't rolling as smooth.

Removed white wire from magneto, made a new magneto case gasket and sealed it up inside and out with oil resistant rtv, made sure it was water tight this time.

I installed a new #41 chain and new tensioner heavy duty tensioner wheel, adjusted clutch and everything rolls smooth. I might have to take some more material out of the case cover, I've already removed a good amount though.

I got my pedalchopper.com steel lay back seatpost the other day and it's amazing. It still need different bars, my Origin 8 Batwing bars look awesome but aren't very comfortable

Hopefully I can add a new seat soon, my sportourer elastomer seat sucks, it's soft, but I think those elastomers are not meant for big boys, probably going to get a Cloud 9
Old 01-15-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
YUP, Aint nothing quite like the feeling ya get coming to a busy intersection and finding out ya got NOTHIN for brakes. Yer cheeks start squeezing the seat and yer trying to wear out a good pair of shoes on the pavement, Flintstone style brakes, Yabba dabba doo.
fatdaddy.
I had a 27" 10 speed racer when I was 12 that i used to ride and when the brakes quit working I would stop the bike by putting my foot on the front tire and it worked pretty good at the time... until once I went for a ride wearing my football cleats... was moving pretty good and went to slow down so my cousin could catch up, put my foot up to the front tire and onenof the cleats grabbed a spoke, flipped the bike and face planted me on the pavement... a broken wrist and a tooth thru my lip taught me it's always best to be sure the brakes work before going for a ride...

Btw.... I ride mine every day unless it's raining, then i join in on these silly posts until the rain stops.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:24 PM
$50 Cruiser

[QUOTE=Yabba dabba doo.
fatdaddy.[/QUOTE]

LOL! That's right.
Glad to see your still around man. There was a new member near you looking for something the other day, and I mentioned you.
Be cool.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:43 PM
Electric Enthusiast

Talking Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
YUP, Aint nothing quite like the feeling ya get coming to a busy intersection and finding out ya got NOTHIN for brakes. Yer cheeks start squeezing the seat and yer trying to wear out a good pair of shoes on the pavement, Flintstone style brakes, Yabba dabba doo.
fatdaddy.
Have you read,"Emergency breaks Keep you out of the lakes"?
would have saved your shoes
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=57764
Old 01-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Staff

Quote:
fatdaddy.
LOL FD! Ohh, that do suck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 01-16-2015, 04:23 PM

The West Coast bike I have came with no front brake and both drum and V brake in back. The lugs for the V brake are still there but I don't know if they were installed and removed by previous owners or what. As I am putting on a brushless electric hub the coaster brake is out and the V brake will be made to function. Thanks for the tip on the Salmon pads for sure I did add a Sturmy-Archer Dyno-Drum to the front so I have front brakes. The dyno was because I had intended to run a Morini so power for a lighting system was needed now it's added resistance. I plan on towing 4 car batteries for power to the motor but I will still use the power from the dyno to run a lighting system with it's own battery supply for stability.

I talked to the bike repair guy that laced the hub to my front wheel. He's going to help with the things I need like laceing the electric hub to my rim. I don't know but the V brake arms look to me to be extra long, I haven't seen anything quite like them. I think we might have trouble finding a set but I'm hoping I'm wrong and we can get the brakes at both ends working. I'm gonna need them to stop me and a trailer of car batteries
Old 01-16-2015, 07:50 PM

changed up my running lights a little bit... spliced a second headlight and adjusted the mounts to either sides of the front fender so i can actually see the ground just ahead of me... also built a battery tube for 3 D cells to power both front running lights as well as the brake light... rewired the switches also...

Old 01-17-2015, 06:39 AM

Redneck, your bike looks not to be F'ed with. Like a noble steed that charges valiantly into battle.

I stuck a set of light up valve caps on my bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1320.JPG (163.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 01-17-2015, 10:08 AM

I thought I was looking at a nuclear weapon...
Cool bike Redneck.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:40 AM

thanks guys... It kinda reminds me of something youd see in a mad max movie lmfao... Ive been piecing it together with whatever i have on hand at the time... It is still very much a work in progress... But its all coming together...

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner