Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
i got about an hour's ride in before it started raining. then i ordered a bunch of inks and stuff for my silk screen set-up so i can finally make those "pedaling sucks" t shirts i was talking about a long time ago...

took some pictures of my bike, too, 'cause i realized i never posted any complet ones in the daylight, so i'm gonna do that now...
Hey Bairdco need any graphics done for silkscreen? I have done a ton of layered imaged for printing... Let me know when they are ready, I want one...
Old 02-18-2011, 07:08 PM
a guy who makes cool bikes

nope, thanks though.

i have a home set-up, totally unprofessional, DIY style. mostly i draw and letter everything by hand, then transfer it to the screen, then screen it.

there's always a smudge here or a thumbprint there, but i'm pretty darn good at it now, and the "mistakes" just add to the charm. makes 'em kinda punk rock.

i'll post up a thread when i get them going...
Old 02-18-2011, 07:21 PM

Cool, keep it up Bairdco, you'll get better eventually The old errors will be the 'hip' classics to sell later

Mark, when I tried to log into your ZombieWerks site I got a BSOD, win32.sys error, I think its just a 'flash' thing, but damn. Even Wordpress? I've been in contact with Adobe but I'm waiting to hear back, Nice looking site, I just have something wrong on my end I think. Looking good though
Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercanuck View Post
Cool, keep it up Bairdco, you'll get better eventually
Mark, when I tried to log into your ZombieWerks site I got a BSOD, win32.sys error, I think its just a 'flash' thing, but damn. Even Wordpress? I've been in contact with Adobe but I'm waiting to hear back, Nice looking site, I just have something wrong on my end I think. Looking good though
Yea it may well be a flash error but the WP is working well on my end and I just logged into it from another machine and it was OK... Thanks for the compliment and as soon as this latest build is done I will start to make some posts and populate the pages... Let me know if you continue to have problems I see you already registered... Just a quickie WP site I threw together but will prolly make it a static site later with a blog attached to it. No forums though I really hate to admin anything since the last one I had that got big (LOL @ PAUL)...

Last edited by MarkSumpter; 02-18-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 PM

I took the tires off to use on my mountain bike to see how they handle offroad.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Talking Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Well I had to use my handi tool kit today,so here's some pics of what I roll with, + nuts and bolts. I had a bogie wheel on my tensioner reach critical mass while riding 30+ I could have salvaged the parts but some bone head in a car drove over it while I was standing there trying to recover it from the middle of the road. Fortunately I had a spare tensioner in my bag of tricks so I was back on the road in a few minutes with my alternate part. What a bone head, I guess not everyone on the road is so kind these days, Se LA VI, I didn't let them pee in my wheaties. I'm roll'n again.
http://motorbicycling.com/members/si...e668-tools.jpg

http://motorbicycling.com/members/si...9-tool-bag.jpg

Last edited by Sideshowbob; 02-19-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Wheels View Post
It was 60 in Chicago today I fired up one of my four bikes and took a long ride, that was so nice ! Its been a long winter I missed riding.
thats great! i still cant ride here in PA. the weather has been nice for like 5 days. but the snow a slush would kill me.lol and i just took my back hub off my rim need to get the new one on.. and quick! spring is in the air
Old 02-19-2011, 08:25 PM

went to sears and bought some 2 stroke oil and a spark plug, figured "what the ****, it's $2.30, if it fits, ok! if not, oh well..."

the thing fits!

'first fire' (made by e3) ff-11
havn't run it yet to see how much of a difference it makes since i'm painting the frame. but i hope it'll help. be nice to have some place local to get spark plugs for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 AM

going to install my new motor on my new bike tomorrow so i can ride it around.. hope it goes fast but need to go buy a few bolts first to get the stronger ones for the motor mounts and exhaust pipe
Old 02-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Chain came off last night right after some people cheered me on for building the bike myself. I bet I looked awesome pushing it home. I had run it without a tensioner after shortening the chain but I guess it stretched enough to where there was slack in it again. I put the chain back on tonight and re-installed the tensioner to act as a guide. I'm about to attempt a ride into town to see if it's all fixed.

Also the rear band brake squeals after a certain speed. I'll work on that later.

2/20 The brake adjustment worked and there's no more squeal. However, the chain popped off again, this time about 1 1/2 miles from home. More bike pushing ensued. I re-positioned the motor, which I should have done anyway after I had widened the frame and put on a new wheel. I also re-positioned the tensioner, but stripped part of one of the bolts holding it in place in the process. I tried shoving the tensioner over to see if it would fall into the spokes, but the chain holds it in place now. I just rode for a few miles to meet some friends and look at abandoned houses. I rode it there and back without any more problems. I'm still not ready to try commuting on it again.

Last edited by GlueKill; 02-20-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: updated info

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner