Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Oops.... forgot to mention the lawn guy dropped off that other bike today and it's a nice dual suspension MTB with front disc brake and V brake in back. I was so busy today I didn't even have time to take a pic... it has a larger frame than mine but its aluminum and Mindanao funky shaped tube section.... not round or square tubing... almost a diamond shape so custom billet mounts will be needed if I use the frame. I may just strip off the good stuff like the front wheel, the swing arm and shock linkage, the rear wheel is nice enough to use too, and same for the cranks, pretty much everything is nice but the actual frame for motorizing. I could relocate the rear shock and add an engine to have another cool looking mountainbike but I would really prefer a steel frame just because they weld so much easier, the aluminum can be welded too but would need to be re heat treated to avoid weak spots.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semaj View Post
You should come visit me in austin Im a heck of a lot closer!
Although Probably not nearly as interesting a visit :P I suspect being a Hermit has done nothing to aid me in being an interesting host.
Looks like Austin is about the halfway point between Shan and myself... maybe we could all meet in Austin and go for a ride sometime... or just hang out on 6th street for some music and beer....
Old 01-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Electric Enthusiast

Sounds reasonable
Just let me know when so I can plan for it, Im usually more free ever other week *this week being a free week*
Old 01-12-2015, 11:08 PM

An what the $#% I get too much Sun in the 60's and no tree cover off roading CA trail riding. Where is the happy median?

In ref to pg 766.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:16 AM

i'm off to attempt that 60+ mile ride again... this time planning for the gas issue and taking precautions against moisture in the magneto case...
speaking of the gas issue... i keep seeing people raving that they get 150mpg... how the **** are you guys pulling that off? i'm LUCKY if i get close to 100...
granted, i'm not *****ing about getting 80+mpg, but how the **** do people get away with advertising that they get 150?
Old 01-13-2015, 12:58 PM

I dont know what mine gets but nothing even close to 150mpg

as far as I'm concerned from the bikes I have I'd say no one else is getting 150mpg either, just wishful thinking...lol

my slowest and probably most economical bike uses a full 2L tank plus just a little extra to make a 50 mile round trip ride, I havent figured it up exactly but i know this is no where near 150mpg, probably about 90mpg give or take a little and none of my other bikes will get this good and are most likely in the 70's mpg or so I would guess, it all depends on how the engine and bike is set up and how hard you push it, I run mine hard and fast since most of my rides are 20-50 mile round trip rides unless I just cruise down the roads out here around my place to kick back now and then.

Cruising like I do at 38-43 mph most of the time has the engie wound up purdy good so fuel economy is much lower than a semi stock engine that just putts around at 20-25mph like some do, those bikes will no doubt get better mpg than mine but I still think 150mpg may be a stretch for even the low speed riders.

map
Old 01-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Staff

No, really. Out of the box they will do 35MPH and get 150 MPG. really. They do....

LOL, somebody fibbed way back when and that just gets copied and pasted to every ad.

Best I have ever done on a 2 smoke was 130 MPG and I now question my math.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

So... Here's the bike I got yesterday... It's gonna need some work but I'm still deciding on whether to strip the parts of it and put the good stuff on a different frame or relocating the rear shock and going ahead with putting an engine in this one...

Yeah I thought I was the only one with "crappy" gas mileage.

Speaking of moisture, I had to replace my magneto, it was all sealed up with rtv and somehow my magneto still got killed. Took me ten minutes to cut through the rtv and pry the case off.

No water in the case either, but she did sit in the rain, I've left her in the rain plenty of times before with no problems, now I'm buying a bicycle cover and sealing the case up again
Old 01-13-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
So... Here's the bike I got yesterday... It's gonna need some work but I'm still deciding on whether to strip the parts of it and put the good stuff on a different frame or relocating the rear shock and going ahead with putting an engine in this one...

Nice looking bike Dave, lots of good stuff there.

Just make a hard tail out of it and motorize that sucker...

Use that shock and build you a suspension seat set up to take the pot hole shock off the bckside.

Nice deal you made there for sure.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner