Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

thanks for the throttle tips guys, as of now i doubt it's the cold (bike is inside right now) I did drip a few drops of my chain lube into the tube (it's all I got) but right now i am glaring in an accusatory fashion at the grip handle itself.
that handle barely fits together, lots of play. all plastic.
i might just put a heaver spring inside the carb for now, but i have already put that twist-grip on the list of things i need to replace.
probably worth mentioning that the carb is on that list as well.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:28 AM

Talking Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

this past weekend i had some repairs to do... took a 75 mile road trip on my bike to a friends place to repair my exhaust and replace mounting studs that had broken off... project turned into a whole new custom exhaust and modifications all around...

this is how it sat as i limped it cross state... was a good ride though...
the weld that held the stock muffler to the manifold had broken off, so as a band aid, i took a round muffler from a junk generator and stuck it on there with a zippy screw to dampen the noise...
once i got where i was going, we set to work on building a whole new exhaust...

we fabricated a new flange from flat stock and used iron pipe for header...

used a random piece of 2" exhaust pipe we had laying around for an expansion chamber and welded 2 baffles in before closing up the ends...

the finished product... added a whole lot of low end power as well as calmed a whole lot of the vibration on the top end, also added a good 5mph to my cruising speed...
when all was said and done, i finally took the time to fab up a tank mount for the rear mounted tank on the rack...

Last edited by redneck82; 12-30-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:21 PM

I'm using the spb throttle and I love it. I see these beautiful builds and guys still using plastic throttles
Old 12-30-2014, 11:21 PM
Electric Enthusiast

Wired the headlight to the break lights battery source as well as put it on the switch that mounts on the handlebars. still just something to get me by till I can make it better.
Also managed to install the front wheel on my bicycle , Unfortunately Sans the Disk breaks I have attempted to mount several times. it would seem that even with washers in place the disk rubs the fork arms :s mayhaps I will just have to take it to a bike shop so they can tell me my parts don't work together.

Last edited by Semaj; 12-30-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semaj View Post
Wired the headlight to the break lights battery source as well as put it on the switch that mounts on the handlebars. still just something to get me by till I can make it better.
Also managed to install the front wheel on my bicycle , Unfortunately Sans the Disk breaks I have attempted to mount several times. it would seem that even with washers in place the disk rubs the fork arms :s mayhaps I will just have to take it to a bike shop so they can tell me my parts don't work together.
have you seen this? I've used this type a couple times. it gets your switches in a convenient placement on the bars. and it's cheap enough. It'll run yer headlight tailight turn signals and horn. I'm using one like this on my bike.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Turn-S...#ht_3162wt_914
fatdaddy.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:35 PM

did the electrical tape and started loctite today.
wanted to use heat-shrink tubing but lowes wanted too much money for it, wanted to do some liquid gasket but lowes didn't have any.
got a big-ol tube-a-grease though.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I'm doing this for My Pig:

Building a wheel with these super heavy gauge spokes and nipples scrounged from a wasted Mohawk industrial trike.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreWound View Post
did the electrical tape and started loctite today.
wanted to use heat-shrink tubing but lowes wanted too much money for it, wanted to do some liquid gasket but lowes didn't have any.
got a big-ol tube-a-grease though.
Lowe's is a complete ripoff. I broke a back motor mount bolt right in front of a Lowe's. After getting "screwed" I've never been back and travel the extra 3 miles to Home Depot or even further to an ACE. I used to have an ACE a mile away, bought nuts and bolts from there for years. The opening of the Lowe's so close to them forced them to close. At least they haven't totally gone.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Electric Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
have you seen this? I've used this type a couple times. it gets your switches in a convenient placement on the bars. and it's cheap enough. It'll run yer headlight tailight turn signals and horn. I'm using one like this on my bike.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Turn-S...#ht_3162wt_914
fatdaddy.
the one im using is very similar to that one, Ill have pictures up sooner than later
Old 01-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I got my horn today and I'm playing around with where I'm going to mount it. With the bracket that came with the horn it mounts nicely on one threaded stud on the front of the HS 49 cc engine.

There are two threaded studs that are on the same plain on the front of the engine. I could make up a new bracket that will catch both threaded studs and bring the horn in closer to the engine though.

The way I have it mounted now I'm only using one of them but with the dog ear in the bracket the dog ear rests against another stud so the bracket can't move down and feels solid.

Guess the right thing to do is make up a bracket to have two mounting points....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (471.2 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Msiert; 01-02-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner