Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreWound View Post
I put my sprocket adapter on the bike today, took a pic but I'm gonna save it for when I start a thread.

Semaj, the lens and pod you are using look really nice, should be super visible once it's set up. also your work bench has me as greener than WheelBenders bike with envy!

Wheelbender6, the spring on that shock is basically what i am looking for, but slipped over the seat post, attaching it at both ends will be the hard part. once the bike is moving again I plan on rolling around some junkyards for something to use (I don't wanna buy a new shock just to rip it apart) my hope is that the El-Cheapo method will work just well enough to offset it's near zero cost.
Check these out just for fun http://www.scooterparts4less.com/ALL_Shocks.htm ............Curt
Old 12-22-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfox View Post
Check these out just for fun http://www.scooterparts4less.com/ALL_Shocks.htm ............Curt
That is a cool link Bookmarked.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
That is a cool link Bookmarked.

There is some more also just google scooter parts,but have had good luck form here. They have been in bussnes a few years............Curt
Old 12-22-2014, 09:07 AM

Excellent link Indeed... Bookmarked here too.
My front end uses a modified go kart shock, modified in the sense that I had to drill the bottom eye hole out to 5/8" and the top hole to 1/2", then use a MTB spring to get the right spring rate. Looking at the availability on that site they might just have one with the right spring rate and length pre made, but I do see some that would work if I make a swing arm and dual shock setup for the rear... Now you got me thinking again
Old 12-22-2014, 07:57 PM

yep good link, I have a Roketa 150cc scooter and when I was working on it and doing some mods to carb ignition and cvt I found many scooter parts sites, its unreal just how much scooter stuff is out there.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfox View Post
most useful link of the year award goes to...
*opens envelope*
...Curtisfox! you really hit it outta the park with this one!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:54 PM

Gues i should have posted it a long time ago. Just thought everyone knew about it,Do now. I will pop it in the general spot also............Curt
Old 12-22-2014, 09:40 PM

Since I'm really happy with the way mine looks, runs, and rides now it's time to start thinking up a paint scheme so today when I was ordering parts for customer's cars I threw in an order of my own for some paint... Next thing to do from here is to strip the bike all the way down to the frame, finish a few welds on the frame it's self, then strip off all the original paint and shoot on a coat of primer and begin the painting process. For now I'm keeping the color scheme to myself, but you can be assured, it will look as good as it runs next time I take pics of it.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:06 AM
Electric Enthusiast

http://www.rustoleum.com/en/product-...t/neverwet-kit
Have you thought about finishing with some of that Rustoleum hydrophobic stuff? I'm kinda wondering why I haven't heard of this before. seems like a good way to get out of having to clean your paint job after its on
Does anyone have any experience with it for that matter?
Old 12-23-2014, 09:23 AM

Took the bike on another short run this morning before opening up shop... just down the street about 1/2 mile to get some breakfast, but the real reason for the ride was because I wanted to see what top speed I could hit since it hit 35 mph last week. This morning's run was even better at 38mph on the GPS on flat, level pavement.
I'm still using the 44 tooth rear sprocket, and I got a standard NT carb on it right now while the engine is breaking in. I'm not quite half way thru my second tank of gas yet so the engine is still a bit tight and the rings are just starting to seat.

I usually don't have a lot of time to just go cruising on this just yet so at the rate I'm going it should be broken in by late January... as long as I can take it out for a ride every morning to my usual places up the street.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner