Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Cut a hole in my 4G clutch cover. The pulley is a 100 tooth and measured 140.56 mm. Sure made a difference in looks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (274.9 KB, 52 views)
Old 12-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Staff

Har, LOL!

(shhh, they're on to us)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 12-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Replaced motor, at 847 miles I blew the top end. Replaced with spare, but I screwed up the porting and ended up just buying a new one.

Second Rose motor now. I have two skyhawk bottoms now, going to get new top ends for both for Christmas and put the skyhawk frame idea on hold.

Mainly because I decide I should probably be saving to buy my girlfriend a decent engagement ring. Then after she's happy I'll ask HER to buy me the skyhawk frame and parts lmfao!! Yay for dating a RN.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:02 PM

I think I started mine up and was warming the engine up and make a taco run this morning but as soon as I opened up the office door at the shop I had a customer waiting for me... No breakfast this morning, but the engine does start on the first or second pull every time now. I ended up being so busy today that I couldn't even ride it up the street for a fresh can of Copenhagen, luckily I had a backup can at my desk (it wasn't my fav brand, but it got me thru the day) or I Really would have been cranky today... No Breakfast, No ride, and No snuff ... Some days ya just can't win...
Old 12-06-2014, 11:37 AM

just finished rebuilding the top end on my second bike... we'll see if third time's the charm lol
Old 12-09-2014, 02:40 AM

Had to replace the small bevel gear in my new motor, wasn't hard, I had more trouble getting the screw it that held on the flower nut. Darned thing made me drill it out.

If anyone knows the size of that screw lmk, I salvaged one off the other motor. Didn't think about using the gear puller I have, I used a screw driver, popped off the gear and hammered back in the one off old motor.

No woodruff key, the shaft had the key built into it on both motors, Rose326a eBay motors.

I greased the gear, put it back together and rode it 16 miles to work and back

Girlfriend got me a Park Tools beam torque wrench and new Pedro cable cutters for early Christmas presents. Now my head bolts are perfect
Old 12-12-2014, 06:50 PM

over the past couple days, put roughly 100 miles on the new top end... first 50 miles was in the rain and about 37 degrees... good times lol today, finished hard wiring my brake light and running light. works out pretty sweet...
Old 12-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

The bracket came in for the super flash tail light yesterday so I got it mounted today (2 bolts). It holds the flasher quite well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (320.8 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Msiert; 12-13-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:11 AM

Did my morning taco run and on the way back decided to run the GPs to see just how fast the bike really is... I've never used the gps on it since it's been built and for some reason decided to give it a go this morning... and since a lot of my customers notice it parked in the shop they always ask how fast it is. I usually tell them it can go about 25 to 30 mph since it's running the 44 tooth sprocket, but the gps confirmed a top speed of 35 mph on a straight flat stretch of road.... That's about 7 mph faster than I thought it would do with that sprocket setup.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:33 AM

Well not nearly enough to get it finished today but hopes are still alive it will be completed by Christmas. I've had not luck with the epoxy mounted rough diamonds remaining seated in the tiny setting I made with a drill bit so my only alternative is to drill the brake pads with a 2 1/4 '' holes and fill the pad itself with rough diamond and epoxy. I have few options on this old bicycle for decent brakes and don't want to spend big dollars to mount brakes on it. I'd rather wear out a set of rims which are actually less expensive than setting up any other application. The side pull set will work I'm sure of it I've mounted the rear have to mount the front next.I'm expecting some improvement in braking any is better than none at all..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ASUS - WIN_20141214_095158.JPG (126.6 KB, 30 views)

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner