Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelogger2 View Post
0moben through 8 to 10 inches of fluffy snow tottaly awsome with my studded snow tires
That sounds like fun......!

we dont get fluffy snow in central Texas, when we do get snow it's not usually more then 2-3" and it ends up being ice and very wet snow since the temps usually rise above freezing for a few hours and the ground is always above freezing, then temps may drop back dow into teens or 20's at night and then the partial melt turns I to hard packed ice.....

Ive never lived anywhere where the snow is normal...lol

We have what I call stupid weather around here, 80's one day and maybe 20's the next, never know what we're gonna get.

I've watched some youtube videos of fellas riding on a frozen river with spike ice tires and it looks like a lot of fun, Id do that in a heartbeat myself.

map
Old 12-04-2014, 08:35 AM

I road the Kulana bike somewhere around 6-7 miles yesterday, first time I've had it out in a while, just got out in the fresh backwoods air and enjoyed it for a little while, a very enjoyable bike to ride, good power, good cruise speeds, it's topping out on flat ground at 43-44 mph and I personally like to cruise at 28-32 mph most of the time, really smooth at those speed and with the 34T rear sprocket the engine doesnt labor or over rev at all.

I've got some changes to this bike planned but Im planning to leave the engine alone, it just runs so goodlike it is, I think I'd trust it on a 100 mile trip, just a solid good running Dax Lower with a little port work and tuned just right for how I ride....

Map
Old 12-04-2014, 10:57 AM

We have what I call stupid weather around here, 80's one day and maybe 20's the next, never know what we're gonna get.

That sounds like Georgia!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:35 PM

same here in Texas... warm one day then in the low 40's the next... I'll ride when it's cold, but when it's cold and wet the bike stays parked...
Well, I got my clutch situation to a more acceptable setup, it has the centrifugal installed but I went ahead and left the manual clutch functional for more control of take off rpm, it can take off from a dead stop just fine with just the centrifugal, but it still engages too soon for a strong take off, but I can hold the manual clutch in and feather it out to give a decent strong take off, but for normal riding it's nice because the manual clutch is now out of the way of the brakes so quick stops are a lot safer and the engine stays running, the automatic take off from the centrifugal is really nice and no need to pedal assist. I did readjust the manual clutch so it engages more like a motorcycle clutch but it wouldn't completely disengage in the locked out position so I set it up so it's fully disengaged when locked out, moved the lever out of the way of the brake, and all is good... for now. The next thing I'll do is shorten the clutch arm at the engine, this will make the clutch a little stiffer at the lever but it should disengage when locked out but still engage well before the lever is fully out. I may also take the clutch shoes off again and drill larger holes (and more holes) thru the weights until it engages at a higher rpm, then it should take off stronger without manual clutch assistance.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Thumbs up Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Yep, that's Southern weather for you. I'm on the coast in Mississsippi, and this is the third winter day that I've worn sandals. Two weeks ago we had a freeze. Go figure.

So, today, I changed my rear sprocket from 44 to 40 tooth on my 66cc. Normally, I ride 3/4 to WOT. I wasn't brave enough to go past a little over half throttle tonight. I'm very happy with the increased speed overall, and now I just need to get the extra slop out of the chain ,then repack my hubs.

And, dear god, get new brakes.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post

That sounds like Georgia!
yep I wish it would just make its mind up one way or the other, since these warm days and rain we got brought a bunch of green grass back I haven't seen but one deer at my feeder in the last week.

Oh well.... been here all my life and its just something that happens withn the south.

map
Old 12-05-2014, 08:47 AM

its just something that happens within the south.

I don't think so, its up here also -7 one day and then 2 days later its almost +30 and we were just on the edge. 200 miles up were Silverbear lives it got down -25 and then back up +25. He! He! just put on a warmer coat, wife bundles up like Escamo. But furnice in garage makes it till spring much easyer ...................Curt
Old 12-05-2014, 11:20 AM

I just looked at it and comtemplated the next move.

Zen, and all that stuff............
Old 12-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Staff

The weather in Moosylvania is pretty predictable. Summer is the second week of August. If it's nice, we have a picnic.
So cold up here now, the ice froze. I'm wearing so many layers I look like the Michelin man but can't move as well.

I swear some of the best work and greatest enjoyment of these things is when ya just sit and stare at em. Big time Zen and soothing. Kinda like when ya just wake up and have that cool thought about what can be done or all the possibilities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mitchalin man.jpg (5.0 KB, 11 views)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 12-05-2014, 05:34 PM

For me, 'Zen' just sounded more resume appropriate than 'lazy'...........

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner