Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
That is great, Crassius. Must make DXing a breeze. Did you post a thread?

But for a regular engine stand and to start the engine with a drill (batt. operated for power outages, to be used as a generator) Use a ratcheting socket?
yes, posted a part1 & part2 since there is a limit on # of pics in a post - don't recall where, but a search on my posts will find them - probably in troubleshooting

I use an exercise stand when my build bench is busy - removed exercise wheel & just put bike on it & pedal start it.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:54 PM

I've also stripped the nut on the shaft by drill starting before but by using a thicker nut it eliminates that problem, the part about the drill twisting your hand off when the engine starts... I'm still working on that, but temp installing a pull starter works great too..
Old 11-04-2014, 05:07 PM

Rode my motorized bicycle to the polls to vote. The bike attracted more attention than the political candidates. I removed the cap in my new pipe prior to the ride and noticed a slight boost in power. The ride added a little fun to throwing the radcals out so we can vote more rascals in.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I started playing around with a new pipe. I'm using the blue silicone high temp tubing to determine the proper header length. It had descent torque at this length, but I think it's still too long. I'll start shortening it slowly tomorrow. Dark comes so quickly this time of year!image.jpg
Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 PM

I got a $13 cost with tax totaled and free shipping on a multi-leather punch set made from over seas. It has a nice cloth case with tiny 1/8 inch to 3/4 inch round punches. Total 12 punches. I know they won't really be good on metal, but gaskets is what I would be using them for, like intake and crankcase gaskets.

MT

here is the Amazon link I bought it at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM08401.jpg (300.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg CAM08402.jpg (473.2 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by MEASURE TWICE; 11-04-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Paid for a hand built rear wheel with deore hub and alpine 3 triple butted spokes. No more broken spokes.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Changed back to the one size up from stock jet as i had in two sizes up (bigger) and bike didnt like it at higher RPM (crazy torque though on the topnotch of the throttle pin). Put oil in the bearings under the clutch, (bad move). Major slippage, almost never made it the 20 km drive to where i was going.
Break cleaner was out as soon as i got there, damaged a clutch pad trying to remove to get a clean slate behind the wheel. Went for a test drive, left in light light rain, 5 mins later ended up in steady rain in the middle of nowhere land, probably another 10 km trip for a test,.. Clutch grabbed good, but noticed a weird slapping ticking sound when i started her up that dissipated with higher rpm.
2 kms from the gas station ran out of gas, had to pedal in the rain up hill. filled up, drove by a cop at a light.
that about it.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean.motor View Post
Changed back to the one size up from stock jet as i had in two sizes up (bigger) and bike didnt like it at higher RPM (crazy torque though on the topnotch of the throttle pin). Put oil in the bearings under the clutch, (bad move). Major slippage, almost never made it the 20 km drive to where i was going.
Break cleaner was out as soon as i got there, damaged a clutch pad trying to remove to get a clean slate behind the wheel. Went for a test drive, left in light light rain, 5 mins later ended up in steady rain in the middle of nowhere land, probably another 10 km trip for a test,.. Clutch grabbed good, but noticed a weird slapping ticking sound when i started her up that dissipated with higher rpm.
2 kms from the gas station ran out of gas, had to pedal in the rain up hill. filled up, drove by a cop at a light.
that about it.

Dang it... NOT a nice ride or overall experience at all...

Glad you made it safely though.

Map
Old 11-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Within the last week I sold my first bike and glad of it. I got my 2nd bike out and started my build with a mental list of things to do, I'm saving a couple of paychecks up for a newer tomos moped for work, a PS 4 and bike parts for my build. I plan to go all out for this next bike. Other then that I'll be happier then a frog on a log.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:43 AM

Rode it a couple miles in 30 degree weather.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner