Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

I know that feeling all too well with my bad back and then I totally ruined my left ankle about 2 years ago falling off a ladder at work... I have to walk with a cane now and when I ride I have one of those folding canes I carry with me so I can walk around when I get off the bike.
As for pedaling, it's pretty much out for me... maybe enough to bump start a bike, but I put a pull starter on mine just in case I'm too sore to even do that. I do get some strange looks when I pull up and get off my bike, then unfold my cane so I can walk around, but at least I can still ride.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:07 AM

Last night I wrapped my exhaust (4 stroke, flex pipe). Ordered 5 feet of it from treatland, turned out to be just enough to wrap the section of pipe closest to my leg. Also working on a dual pull lever with built-in brake light switch. Stupidly broke the lever that came with it trying to bend it and it snapped in half like a twig, so I modified a kit clutch lever to fit. Gotta epoxy where the notch in the lever was for the pin lock so it trips the brake light switch, but besides that it's good to go. Gives about an inch and a half of pull, so pretty good.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:58 PM

Absolutely nothing! Still waiting on parts to arrive....UGH!! LOL! But when they do, I will be a busy man!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:02 PM

I went to Kmart and they had jb plastic weld on clearance for $1.50, so I grabbed some of that for my brake lever. I had to wait for a storm to pass, so just getting to it now. It takes a couple hours to cure, so I'm letting it sit and after it cures I'll adjust my brake cable. Once it's set, the lever should trip the brake light switch, so I'll have to wire that up as well.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:11 PM

The plastic epoxy starts to set in about 20-25 minutes. I put it on about a half hour ago, so I decided to go and gently just check and see if it hits the brake light switch, and it does. So now I'm gonna go play a video game till it cures, then adjust my brake cable and wire up the switch. Love it when a plan comes together, lol.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:04 AM

Don't get me wrong......I really like JB Weld in certain applications. However, using it on a brake lever would scare the JuJu outa me!

Be careful out there. And good luck!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:31 AM

I'm not using the jb weld structurally, I only needed it to fill in so the lever would trip the brake light switch. The jb weld does not in any way add to or repair the integrity of the lever. The lever is fully intact and functional other than not being able to trip the brake light switch. I did not use it to repair the broken lever, that's in the trash. I simply used a different lever.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaser_monkey_87 View Post
I'm not using the jb weld structurally, I only needed it to fill in so the lever would trip the brake light switch. The jb weld does not in any way add to or repair the integrity of the lever. The lever is fully intact and functional other than not being able to trip the brake light switch. I did not use it to repair the broken lever, that's in the trash. I simply used a different lever.

Gotcha!! A 1960's quote came to mind when I read your initial post.....

"Danger, Will Robinson!!"
Old 07-11-2014, 12:59 AM

Yeah, I'd never be so dumb as to try to fix a broken brake lever with epoxy. Weld or braze, maybe, but since I had an extra lever in a box of parts, I figured just use that instead. Not to mention I don't have any welding or brazing equipment, nor access to any.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:47 AM

Been a few days since I've even had time to mess with mine but last time I messed with it I got my Noleen front end assembled and installed, the bike really looked cool with it on there but I had to take off my exhaust pipe and find a way to make it clear the front wheel since it was hitting the pipe when I tried to turn the front wheel to the right.
I was going to cut a pie slice out of one of the bends and re weld it but I tried heating it up and bending it in a vise which worked out well without distorting or kinking the pipe at the bend. I reinstalled the pipe and it clears now so now it's time to mix up a batch of fuel and take it for a test ride and fine tune the new front suspension

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner