Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Exclamation Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Just installed this walbro 813 kit from jnmotors runs great for twenty min then dies becuase i have no impulse line fuel drains from carb... but what a MAJOR improvement though!! Any ideas diagrams links pictures i need help thank you for your time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_20140625_172628[1].jpg (137.8 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-26-2014, 07:58 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Those type carbs are Very nice because you can fine tune them without taking them apart and it's that fine tunability that's why they run and perform so well. I've seen a few people who drilled and tapped a hole in their case near the transfers to install a niple and run a pulse line which makes these work even better. Somewhere I've heard the JNM wlabro type carbs have been modified so they don't need that pulse line but I'm not sure how that's supposed to work. I know on a lot of chainsaws and other small 2 smokers they sometimes have a spacer plate that channels the pulse line into the manifold to eliminate needing a separate line.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:32 PM

Nothing, except gonna ride it back and forth to work tonight. Might even take the long way home. Almost at that point where it's just general maintenance, gas in the tank, change the oil, air in the tires, keep the clutch lubed, that's about it. Ordering new heavier clutch shoes tomorrow and possibly mirrors as well, depending on how much my paycheck is.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:34 PM

Theon is a member here that has run carbs that use the impulse line, he posted about it a few weeks ago. He may be able to help you out.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:50 PM

I've found that these carbs will work without pulse line relying just on head pressure from the tank, but much better to have it though.
By putting a good dob of grease to catch swath on the inside of the transfer ramp the pulse pick up could be drilled with out splitting the cases.
But pulse pick up can be taken from inlet manifold also but would not be as strong.
Also may need a return fuel line from carb to tank?
These type carbs are generally probably better suited to WOT style riding, I have only yet played with the $15 barrel carb, and like it.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I went to a car show what to look at the cars but nobody would leave me alone long enoughI bet 3 people order motors last night at least one of them is going to need a bar welded and I already saw his bike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140626_195347.jpg (1.16 MB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140626_190039.jpg (424.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 06-27-2014, 08:32 PM

In the depths of winter here. Thinking of joining a motorised canoe forum and changing my everyday vehicle! Maybe a massive wheeled motorised aqua trike like we used to see floating around in the 80's.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:57 PM

Today I received my JNM X-port and went to install it, but it would not fit on there stock. Pulled out the workstation attachment for the Dremel and used it to cut a couple mm off 4 of the wings and it was good to go. Trimmed the gaskets on the same setup then adjusted the support bar on the frame for the rear of the expansion chamber.

Didn't really change much but I did feel a little more torque on the acceleration. Should be good to go when i step down to the 36T sprocket as soon as it arrives next week
Old 06-27-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclin View Post
Today I received my JNM X-port and went to install it, but it would not fit on there stock. Pulled out the workstation attachment for the Dremel and used it to cut a couple mm off 4 of the wings and it was good to go. Trimmed the gaskets on the same setup then adjusted the support bar on the frame for the rear of the expansion chamber.

Didn't really change much but I did feel a little more torque on the acceleration. Should be good to go when i step down to the 36T sprocket as soon as it arrives next week

Everything feels right with the world when you can mod a mod!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

i have added a impulse channel to the transfer i can get it to run but it bogs at wide open trottle it seems even with the pulse line the carb gets robbed of fuel you sad i have to add a return fuel line to the tank?? how do i do that when both needles on the carb are in use?

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner