Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:22 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Had to adjust my CNS V3 carb today. Seems like as time goes by, it's getting progressively harder to start. Even with the 'choke' on, it doesn't want to start. If I richen the mix, it'll bust right off. However, it then 4 strokes something fierce. I now carry a screwdriver on the back rack to adjust before and after starting.

Oh well, little annoyances for a bigger joy!
Check your carb for an air leak right in frot of the pinch clamp where it connects to the intake manifold... These are notorious for leaking right there. I stuffed that area with RTV after installing my CNS carb and let it cure before running it and it's been pretty reliable so far.
Another good thing about the CNS is that it's a Mikuni clone so it can use Mikuni jets, gaskets, floats, needles, and rebuild kits, it's basically a clone of the Yamaha PW80 carb.
Hope that gets your carb dependable again... Enjoy
Old 06-11-2014, 03:30 AM

I'm loving my bike. The mileage keeps getting longer now that it's done about 1500km.
It's running really well, only a tiny new rattle starting up. Happy if that's my biggest problem.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:29 AM

I guess technically this is working on the bike... I didn't do anything to the actual bike today, but I'm still learning my new CNC and I cut my first successful copper exhaust gasket earlier today... You can see the difference between the first and second one I cut as it's pretty obvious... I had to reduce the feed speed and use a different type of end mill and then the second one I cut came out the way I wanted it to. I'll cut more of them when I get up in the morning now that I got the cut settings where they need to be... These are .030" thick, but the ones I'll be installing and selling will be .120" thick so they'll conform better to the mating surfaces...

You can see in this picture I made this one a little bigger so I won't have to trim it after I'm done porting this jug... The final product will be closer to the exact size, but with enough room to remove about 1mm from each side of the port and the same added clearance top and bottom.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:51 PM

Looks excellent Dave, those gaskets will be a nice addition to the other after market parts and pieces we have available for our HT engines.

That is a nice looking set up you have there.

Map
Old 06-12-2014, 03:34 PM

Finally figured out what was causing my carb to leak. For background, I'm running a Mikuni pz19 vacuum carb on a 98cc flathead. Carb was leaking a little gas, not much, but it was leaving a nasty residue on the bottom of the carb. For awhile I thought it was leaking out around the vacuum hose, and I kept trying to stop it from there. Finally today I figured out it was leaking from the drain plug, which did not have a gasket (carb was given to me used for free). So I cut a thin piece of the vacuum hose off to attempt making a gasket for the drain plug. Lo and behold, it worked! Looks pretty good, too.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 PM

Today I got my respoked wheel back on to the bike, the 12v system is hooked up again, fuel tank mounted and chain checked and adjusted. Spring tension was also re-mounted today with 2 shortened springs.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:15 PM

I also shortened my chain tensioner spring today. It's keeping tension much better now.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:33 PM

I did 20 miles on my GT2A-S/HS142 today. Sun was shining, grass is green, birds tweeting, wind in the face, an awesome all around day for riding. Cruised out to my buddy's house and back to show him my bike and get some good break in miles done. Nice little backraods with no cars. No bike hiccups at all, happy camper.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:31 PM

Tightened the bolt that my chain tensioner swings on.
Also, I have a high output led with a rechargeable battery pack that can Velcro off. After about four years of taking that off every time I charge it, I recently worked out it's just easier to drag an extension cord to the bike and charge it while it's still insitu. Only four years. How clever am I !
Old 06-20-2014, 04:52 PM

Took the GF's bike out today to shake the cobwebs off. Forgot how god-awful fast that thing is. Going up a 1/2 mile hill at 30 degrees, I was much faster than I like to ride and twisted the throttle a bit & it almost jumped out from under me.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner