Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

The red tires will look a lot better after you paint your frame yellow... I saw a Suzuki TL1000R with red Tomahawk tires and it looked ultra rad with the yellow bike and red tires.

If I decide to use colored tires on mine I'll look for a lime green set and do the bike in black and dark gray with lime green and white pinstriping or accents... That's my fav color combo.

Yeah, I really like the 2k clear in the rattle can for smaller jobs because it gives the same toughness and superior shine as automotive 2k clear but the convenience of spraying it anywhere. I got 3 Binks clone paint guns, 3 or 4 touch up guns, and about 7 or 8 airbrushes, all the airbrushes are high end name brand tho like DeVilbiss, Badger, and Paasche, I've tried a few Iwata clones before and they just didn't perform, but the name brand ones do great. For the paint guns, since I'm more of an artist than a painter, the Binks clones do just fine as long as they're kept really really clean... Some of the best clone paint guns I've seen are the Harbor Freight professional paint gun kit that comes with 2 guns in a plastic case... the chrome and purple ones for like $49... Everyone I know that has that set loves them and says they perform just as good as the namebrand stuff. I got my 3 gun kit from TCPGlobal.com and they're good, but I've heard the harbor freight ones are a lot better so I'll get that kit before I start painting again. Once I start painting again I'll most likely sub contract out the clear coating since the paint is soooo toxic and I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to spray it at the shop I'll be renting yet.
I finally got my CNC router now and got it all set up so I've been in here a LOT less trying to learn all the software etc. and I'll be opening up a store front here in San Antonio as soon as I can find a good space to rent so I'll be up and painting again, mostly airbrushing, but I'll also be doing custom CNC art... as well as making a few goodies for these engines that i've been wanting to make and test, I'll also be making my own copper gasket sets etc too... and anything else anyone in here might think up that's reasonable... and I'm buying my wife a professional embroidery machine that I need to learn and teach her to use, but it'll also be set up at the new shop and I'll turn some of my artwork into T shirts or button downs etc too.
If you guys don't see me in here for a while it's not because I lost interest or anything like that, I just need to take some time out and learn all this software so I can get it to pay for it's self soon... lol
Old 06-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
I tightened my muffler.

I feel like such a slacker.......................

LOL X, we are hosting a picnic/ride this month and I don't have a running MB. At least 4 in various stages of function but not one functioning. (major slacker) salute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 PM

Hahaha... same here... Been trying to learn a few things about some of my new toys and no time to ride after building up a sweet engine and new pipe and all... Hopefully I'll be back on it again soon. What I'm Really hoping for is to be able to rent one of the store fronts close to home so I can ride it to work since there's space available like just outside my neighborhood.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:04 AM

I've never been good at painting, the only thing that still looks good for me are these

Paint them back in 2007, and still looks good today.
Hopefully, when i do paint my bike it'll look half as good. hahha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
The red tires will look a lot better after you paint your frame yellow... I saw a Suzuki TL1000R with red Tomahawk tires and it looked ultra rad with the yellow bike and red tires.

If I decide to use colored tires on mine I'll look for a lime green set and do the bike in black and dark gray with lime green and white pinstriping or accents... That's my fav color combo.

Yeah, I really like the 2k clear in the rattle can for smaller jobs because it gives the same toughness and superior shine as automotive 2k clear but the convenience of spraying it anywhere. I got 3 Binks clone paint guns, 3 or 4 touch up guns, and about 7 or 8 airbrushes, all the airbrushes are high end name brand tho like DeVilbiss, Badger, and Paasche, I've tried a few Iwata clones before and they just didn't perform, but the name brand ones do great. For the paint guns, since I'm more of an artist than a painter, the Binks clones do just fine as long as they're kept really really clean... Some of the best clone paint guns I've seen are the Harbor Freight professional paint gun kit that comes with 2 guns in a plastic case... the chrome and purple ones for like $49... Everyone I know that has that set loves them and says they perform just as good as the namebrand stuff. I got my 3 gun kit from TCPGlobal.com and they're good, but I've heard the harbor freight ones are a lot better so I'll get that kit before I start painting again. Once I start painting again I'll most likely sub contract out the clear coating since the paint is soooo toxic and I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to spray it at the shop I'll be renting yet.
I finally got my CNC router now and got it all set up so I've been in here a LOT less trying to learn all the software etc. and I'll be opening up a store front here in San Antonio as soon as I can find a good space to rent so I'll be up and painting again, mostly airbrushing, but I'll also be doing custom CNC art... as well as making a few goodies for these engines that i've been wanting to make and test, I'll also be making my own copper gasket sets etc too... and anything else anyone in here might think up that's reasonable... and I'm buying my wife a professional embroidery machine that I need to learn and teach her to use, but it'll also be set up at the new shop and I'll turn some of my artwork into T shirts or button downs etc too.
If you guys don't see me in here for a while it's not because I lost interest or anything like that, I just need to take some time out and learn all this software so I can get it to pay for it's self soon... lol
Old 06-05-2014, 04:08 AM

Anyhow, I'm amazed at the Firmstrong Chief bike. With 2.93" sava mc51 tires, both pedal and drive chains clear with a little less than 1/8" offset to the right. Hopefully, offsetting the tire < 1/8" won't affect drivability too much.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:03 AM

Talking Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
LOL X, we are hosting a picnic/ride this month and I don't have a running MB. At least 4 in various stages of function but not one functioning. (major slacker) salute
Wow Dan..... you best get busy and throw a ride together for the picnic and cruise.. one day is all you need and you dont want to miss a nice ride with some fella motorized bicyclists.....

You should be ashamed of yourself......lol... just kidding but seriously I bet you can have a rider ready in a day easy.

Map
Old 06-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Staff

LOL, Map. Ayup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 06-06-2014, 04:41 PM

Hadnt done a thing to my bikes today, but I came into town to do a couple things for my mother and as I passed by one of the local pawn shops I happened to see an old Orange cruiser bike stuck back behind an old mtn bike, so I made a mad dash to see what it might be and it was a rough but good shape Kulana Moon Dog 7 speed cruiser, paint is rough but overall not a bad project bike, they make darn nice builds in my opinion and the one I already have is a nice riding bike.

Oh the best part of the deal was the little gal I ask about price for the bike told me thay figured they'd need to get $10 for it, well I almost strained my shoulder trying to get those two $5 bills outta my pocket, ai got me another good little Kulana bike now, good day for me bike shopping.... since all I was actually doing was going to pay a cell phone bill for mother and get her a pepperoni pizza from little ceasers.

Map
Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 PM

I ride a green moon dog - frame is tiny, but absorbs vibration better than any I've seen.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:31 AM

I just googled it. They look great.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner