Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:23 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
The main thing motivating me is too much four stroking around my normal cruise rpm.
Just sounds so crappy when it's blatting and missing at trailing throttle.
I know I can clean it up quite a bit with some time invested...just been too lazy till now, but with the FredHead and the GenV coming back online it's time to step up my game!
Yep you'll be happily surprised at how much more you'll enjoy the ride when the carb is tuned right and it just buzzes along without all the brap pap pap pap brap pap pap pap......

The better balanced lower and a better cooling head is a good thing, I have one of Jakes New heads on order and its hopefully gonna be here in a couple weeks.

Map
Old 05-08-2014, 02:39 AM

My motivation is to not break down because of some preventable reason, leaving me stranded. This is most likely to occur after working a long shift, in the rain, in a place I really shouldn't leave the thing locked up for theiving mongrels!!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 AM

I remounted the engine with the correct mount shim and she's nearly ready to start/
Old 05-08-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
Dude!
2. Remove tank from bike. Drain all fuel. Let it sit open overnight in an outdoor location(but covered so rain won't get in it) to vent fuel vapors.

6. This is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: Bake the tank in an oven at 200 for one hour. This is why you MUST make sure there is NO gas fumes remaining in the tank, or your oven may catch fire or even explode..
Is it normal the fact I get a big grin on my face imagining the oven door exploding open by some numbskull that may not have gotten all the gas out of their tank ?

Seriously though...if you have access to dry ice some gas.companies will use dry ice to evacuate vapors from under ground gas tanks. I guess by law they have to use it. It works pretty good too. When ever Im about to paint my tank I drained the gas remove valve, then filled it with very hot water and Dawn soap det,I shake the bejesus out of it drain & repeat till I smell nothing I never tossed one in the oven though
Old 05-11-2014, 05:10 PM

FINISHED IT!

more pics here. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=53176
Old 05-12-2014, 08:54 AM

Took mine for a spin after rejetting it smaller again. Getting much better mileage and nice tan plugs. Bit more pull too. Isn't it nice when things just work.
It was nice to cruise along the beach for a bit with no real plan too.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:07 AM

You know Dave I was thinking after watching your video man he looks like a cross between Kyle petty and Ted Nugent So I clicked on Kyle Petty then remembered his son Adam Petty and I also remembered the fact he died at the Loudon NH speedway so I looked him up to see a picture of him & was shocked to see he passed away 14 years ago to the day May 12th 2000 talk about weird huh! . So here's to you Adam Petty The first 4th generation NASCAR driver ever. R.I.P. son!!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonusParts View Post
Nice. ......... I like that tank, I need bigger tanks on all my bikes...
Old 05-12-2014, 12:03 PM

map ..do you solder & drill the NT speed carb jets :?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
Is it normal the fact I get a big grin on my face imagining the oven door exploding open by some numbskull that may not have gotten all the gas out of their tank ?
Yes, completely normal.

Quote:
Seriously though...if you have access to dry ice some gas.companies will use dry ice to evacuate vapors from under ground gas tanks. I guess by law they have to use it. It works pretty good too. When ever Im about to paint my tank I drained the gas remove valve, then filled it with very hot water and Dawn soap det,I shake the bejesus out of it drain & repeat till I smell nothing I never tossed one in the oven though
I never thought about using dry ice before but that would work great for displacing gas fumes. VHT is enamel paint that is resistant to chemicals, including gas, but it has to be properly cured (i.e. baked) for those properties to manifest.

Quote:
You know Dave I was thinking after watching your video (http://youtu.be/uxHMqGT2Zak) man he looks like a cross between Kyle petty and Ted Nugent So I clicked on Kyle Petty then remembered his son Adam Petty and I also remembered the fact he died at the Loudon NH speedway so I looked him up to see a picture of him & was shocked to see he passed away 14 years ago to the day May 12th 2000 talk about weird huh! . So here's to you Adam Petty The first 4th generation NASCAR driver ever. R.I.P. son!!
Kyle Petty & Ted Nugent, huh? Never heard that one before. But thank you, I consider both individuals to be swell folks & I'm honored by the comparison! Going fast & jamming to hard rock are two of my favorite things, sometimes simultaniously! (I can't drive 55!)

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner