Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
It opened for me, I was looking for places I recognize. Panama City is the closes beach to us here in Georgia so we have been there a lot.
I ended up at Ms.Newby's @ Thomas Dr. & Joan Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
I also think its a good video Super Duper Dave...........LOL!

nice engine noise instead of some funky song playing that drowns out the ride like some of the videos we find on the Tube.

Ever since I have first seen your bike I have been curious about how it handles with that small front tire, but judging from the video it looks like it handles pritty stable, again nice video... looks like you had a great time and got some nice positive feedback from the on-lookers, some like our bikes and some just roll their eyes.... I figure the eye rollers only do it on the outside because of their ignorance and arrogance, but on the inside they really wish they could ride it......LOL! A true biker and/or motor sports enthusiast is always game for anything with wheels and a motor in my opinion.

Map
Thanks! It handles great as you can tell. To roll into a hardcore bike rally & be surrounded by real bikers who are eager to scope it out & compliment you before you even drop the kickstand is a proud moment that I was glad to be able to catch on video. They accept me as one of their own. It was my intention to craft a China Girl Chopper that a real biker could appreciate & I think I pulled it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintgun View Post
Nice video, Dave. And I don't think it was that rough. I've seen a lot worse. And the reception you got from the guys there was pretty cool.
Thanks, I was worried because it was the 1st time I ever tried to record a ride in addition to have the camera hanging from the cord around my neck. Even when I wandered off to visit the different biker vendors, I'd peek & see folks gather around it & snap pics.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:53 AM

Got my number-drill set in the mail. Got some rejetting to do as soon as I get a chance.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Got my number-drill set in the mail. Got some rejetting to do as soon as I get a chance.
Excellent.... a well tuned carb makes a huge difference in how these little engines run.

Map
Old 05-07-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Your neighbors to the north refer to that as a 'shart'.
Then you know it's time for a 'safety wipe' just in case ;-}
Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 PM

So I gave the jet solder and drill trick a go....
First thing to go wrong was the float bowl gasket disintegrated as soon as I took the bowl off. Made a replacement from dense cardboard with oil rubbed into it to get me out of trouble (bike is my primary transport).
Next I wisely soldered the pin side of the jet, so spent sone time clearing that out as I'm sure the pin wants a clean environment to do its thing. Drilling the jet was no probs.
Now I have a long ride required today so better take a second plug and keep an eye on lean-out symptoms.
Good fun to tinker of course.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I'm waiting on a set of bits for carb jetting myself. Figured it was finally time to get all my junk running as good as possible.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
I'm waiting on a set of bits for carb jetting myself. Figured it was finally time to get all my junk running as good as possible.
Nothing like having a well tuned carb, can take a dawg and make it into a nice little stout screamer HT

I dont think some people realize how much performance is lost to a poorly tuned carb and overly restrictive exhaust, those two things alone will kill the potential of one of these little Hina Girl engines.... and cleaned up ports and better balnce adds even more performance and is nice to have an engine that will buzz down the road instead of that horri le brap brap brap........ soumd.

Map
Old 05-07-2014, 11:16 PM

Take care of your gear and it will take care of you.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 PM

Took it for a nice big ride to an appointment. Did a quick plug chop and found really dark tan. I'll fit my new bowl gasket soon, (from blank gasket paper), then check how it's all going again.
Had almost a small crowd talking to me at the shops about it. Usually you get the odd comment, (as many in the forum would know) but I got a month worth all at one shop!!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

The main thing motivating me is too much four stroking around my normal cruise rpm.
Just sounds so crappy when it's blatting and missing at trailing throttle.
I know I can clean it up quite a bit with some time invested...just been too lazy till now, but with the FredHead and the GenV coming back online it's time to step up my game!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner