Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

twisted some wrenches, on the mighty Grubee today. .. .last time I rode the gas tank rattled loose, the gas tank valve broke off in ma hand. . . and the head gasket leaked enough, to let oil come running down the cylinder, . .. oh yeah and the connections on the kill switch had rattled loose, all in the course of a 30 minute ride.

I lil quality time with a fist full of wrenches, checking and torquing was was past due.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSumpter View Post
FYI to everyone Harbor Freight is having a sale on Nylock nut assortment packs, O rings, electrical connectors and rubber padded tube clamps I just spent 30 bucks and got lotsa good stuff...
Oh you rock Mark! TY

Been cold here and started my daily rider all sweet and Blackenstein like" Pulled rip cord slowly 8 or 12 times softly and she lit right off. Stalled so I yankenked hard and of course cursed. Recoil spring broke. I took it apart, bent it. It promptly broke. So I used a blow torch and bent it with love. Perfect but now my pull cord was a bit limp so put a knot in a bit tighter. Still hangs like a limp bisket.
Go for a ride. Goes well.
Throttle return spring fails and I ride past my house at 3/4 throttle screaming "Ello" thinking it funny and unable to slow down. They waved as I passed. I waved back and aimed for a snow bank.

Just another day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Last edited by Dan; 02-12-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

A few months ago, the rear wheel was trashed when something got jammed in the (10-gauge) spokes.

So I ordered a HD wheel from Spooky Tooth Cycles. However, I had to widen the frame for it to fit, so I hammered on blocks of wood of varying widths until the wheel would fit. Not the most conventional method, I know, but it worked.

Which brings us to today. I had to put the bike in the basement because we had a blizzard last week. After bolting everything together and shortening the chain today, I did an action pose before muscling the bike up a bunch of stairs and outside, where I just went for a brief ride up and down my driveway, doing many icy burnouts along the way.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I managed to crutch it to the street, the dead end of my short street, to get a buddy trying to show what my latest upgrades will do on my NuVinci.

http://kcsbikes.com/pics/NVauto2-12.avi

Darn leg...
But hey, I did something on it today.

Last edited by KCvale; 02-13-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:18 PM

took it for a ride today. also took it off road, fun as ****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 PM

vid 404'd, glad you're up and around

looking good GK!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:11 AM
a guy who makes cool bikes

had a bad cold for the last 4 days, which sucks, but i haven't been sick in about 2 and ahalf years, so i guess i was due. spent most of the week hibernating.

felt pretty good today, so i finally got around to working on the tank for my superfast Colson. (if you haven't seen the LA beach ride pics, you missed the pic of some Big Red gum sealing the leaks on my temporary crappy tank.)

got most of it done, but i'm taking my time, making this one perfect.

also pedaled a bike around, figured i needed some exercise, so i went to the liquor store a few blocks away and bought smokes. haven't had one since i was sick. probably coulda quit, but dang it, i just love smoking so much...

tomorrow, i should be able to ride again without worrying about my legs catching on fire from leaking fuel. i hope so, since it's gonna be another mid 70's day at the beach...
Old 02-13-2011, 01:32 AM

what is a great cheap method on fixing a back rim? i have a coaster hub and wish i could some how take it apart and be able to fix it back to working again.. where can i buy parts to make a hub free spinning? any good ideas.. also who has a good cheap motor... going to try the raw motors cuz they are so cheap but dont know yet.. i want a new kit for my new 2nd bike
Old 02-13-2011, 01:48 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

As long as this warm front lasts, I will be making trips out to the shed to paint bike parts. I put another coat of my favorite shade of loud, garish, bright glowing red on the fork. I put another sealant coat on the stripped frame. And I made more progress on the vintage-styled headlight housing. All in all, a very productive evening. Still lots to do, but since this bike is going to be a real looker I have my work cut out for me in many ways.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 02-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I'm going for a ride to our bike club meeting this morning. Hey thine82 try "luckyearlybird" on EBAY they sell motor kits and I have had really good luck with their motors. I got a 66cc for $130 delivered, and the motor and kit quality were actually better than my grubee I got from Gasbike.net.. Here is my new homemade spring tensioner it seems to work great so far I have 25 miles on it.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner