Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
I alway put a thin skim of either rtv gray or rtv black silicone all the way around intake tube, I push carb onto tube with float bowl pointing outward and then when the carb is seated all the way up on tube I twist carb into place, this willl cause the thin skim of silicone to be forced into the slots between the petals and completely seals them so when carb is tightened down this is almost zero chance of an air leak between carb and intake tube, been doing it this way since my first build in 2009 and never had one leak yet, and as a matter of fact, when I've had to take any of my carbs off, the silicone stays in the slots and then I just slide it right back on and retighten and it is resealed as good as before, I didnt think of this myself and its been so long Icant remember who had told me that they did theirs this way back when I was a new member of this forum but it was someone of the forum who suggested I do it this way because it was an excellent technique to make sure there would not be an air leak in that area, worked great and I've done it on every single china girl I've used the NT carb on since, the gray works great and is virtually invisible because it blends right in with the aluminum color of the carb and once it is set up fuel has no effect on it and unless the carb is leaking never gets any fuel on it anyway.

Just another one of those simple little technique s than can prevent a problem....

Map
purty cool Mapman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 04-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

dyed my grips

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyed grips.jpg (214.2 KB, 190 views)
Old 04-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I sprayed a set of handlebars and looked at the fuel tank I plan to fit.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:10 PM

I think that Sunday is the day I finally attempt to lace in my Sturmey Archer 3sp hub. Guess I can always take the wheel to a shop if I fubar it too much.........

Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 PM

Nice Head Badge! wret you should make em and sell em.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:50 PM

After a little bit of 'studying', I don't see a way that I can make this hub work with my set-up.......I'd have to get a huge sprocket (so that I could enlarge the center hole large enough to clear the hub's brake retainer) that would probably limit my speed to 20mph at WOT. Not gonna happen! So, I get to delete a project from tomorrow's schedule.......whoop, whoop!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 11:52 PM

Put new brake levers on the Kulana, differnt rear wheel with new tube and tire, replaced the 28T sprocket with my Kings 34T because the 28T was just a bit small, I could only get 43.7 mph with the 28T and my bike is actually faster with the 34T, I put a sbp high flow air filter on the NT speed carb, added my recently ordered pocket bike expansion chamber, put my old Stewart Warner mechanical speedometer on the bike and last but not least, I put the 6.0 Fred Head on the engine that has been sitting in a box since last year....... all I can say is wow.... this engine absolutely came alive when I switched from the Puch hi hi 70cc head over to the 6.0Fred Head.... this aint snake oil people, this engine is screaming now.... its actually so fast its a little scary..... I'll have to GPS the top speed to see what it is but my speedo was bumping off of 48-49 MPH this thing is pulling harder from low down through wot top speed..... im so dang impressed with the differwnce the Fred Head and that little chamber has made, I attribute most of the increase to thw Fred Head..... if you ever doubted the differwnce a Fred Head makes all I can say is try one and you'll know what he means when he says a head with proper squish band makes a big difference.... the Puch head actually had a smaller. Ombustion. Hamber but the Fred head is designed to work right on the china gile and it does..... im very impressed...!

I also added a new set of clutch pucks since the old ones were slipping under hard throttle and added a new locking clutch lever....

Got some other parts and pieces in the mail from juicemotoparts and some parts from thatsdax, after mowing 1.5 acres of yard this morning I spent the rest of the day doing mods to the Kulana bike and then took a 12 mile ride late this evening, it was a fun but tense ride since the bike is running the speeds it is now.... cruising at 35-40 was effortless.

I have to say that if you have the extra few bucks and want some real bolt on performance the Fread Head is a real performance add on, of course having clean ports, a well tuned carb and an overall good running engine to begin with will allow you to see the biggest performance increase, my engine is a GenIV Dax lower with cleaned and enlarged ports in the jug, the better balance of the dax GenIV really makes a difference in my opinion.

Map
Old 04-13-2014, 06:32 AM

Xseler, I know it's probably a bit more than you'd planned on, but for my own future plans, does a jack shaft setup seem feasible? ie no sprocket.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:34 AM

Well the rain's throwing off my plans bit but I got my new GT2A-S frame and 4 stroke mount primed and 2 coats of paint on it. Going to let this cure a few days, then sand, then probably a couple more coats, then wet sand, apply some decals, then a few coats of clear. I'll be starting a build thread pretty soon, woohoo!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Xseler, I know it's probably a bit more than you'd planned on, but for my own future plans, does a jack shaft setup seem feasible? ie no sprocket.

Well, I kinda thought about it, but you can't use the 3sp hubs that have a coaster brake for a shifter kit setup. I didn't do diligent research before I bought the hub. Oh well, I'll just save it for a future project.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner