Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today

Whent tom7-11
Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Thanks Needtransportation, i had to get one for myself after my cousin let me ride his last fall
Old 04-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Talking Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
One day, when I finally get down your way, you can ride it to see how it compares to some of the other exhaust systems. My high tech butt dyno gives it favorable stats...........
LOL........!

I use my butt dyno (seat of pants experience) for everything I do to my bikes, if it make a noticeable difference I say so and if it dont I say so and if it make a good difference I keep it and usually duplicate it on another bike, my cloud 9 seats are one of those things and Kenda makes a particular tire that I really like also so I have a set on tow of my bikes, I've lately grown very fond of the comfort of having the ape type bars on my bikes that let me sit up straight and cruise with more comfort so now I have the mini ape bars on three bikes and fixing to put taller bars on the Huffy karaoke bike also.

My exhaust set ups with exception to the Huffy are all pretty loud, but I plan to do some more experimenting in the near future with a couple of new pocket bike chambers I bought last week, got both of them in now and I'm hoping I can make something that performs good and lets the engine breathe well enough to keep a good top end speed, maybe some day when you make it down this way I'll have something done up the way I want it and you can test it and tell me if it was worth my effort or if I went to a bunch of trouble for no good reason....LOL!

Map
Old 04-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Sold one bike, bought a new motor, threw away a rim................done a lot!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I have not rode mine in about 2 months because of health problems and I found out that gas/oil mix will go bad in that amount of time. Motor barely would run so I drained all the gas out of the carb and tank and mixed fresh fuel and she fired right up and runs even better then I can remember from the last time!
Wife wants me to not ride it anymore and sale it because of the blood thinners I am on, she thinks im going to wreck and bleed to death but hey I got to have some sort of fun.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 PM

How about using road rash protection? I completely understand the need of riding for fun.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 04-08-2014, 12:39 AM

I made a Clock out of one of the chain wheels I took off an M/B today looks cool neighbor thought so too gave me $30.oo for it He! He! He!
Old 04-08-2014, 01:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNut View Post
How about using road rash protection? I completely understand the need of riding for fun.
Yea I suppose If I wore pants instead of shorts. I really hate wearing pants when riding because I have a shift kit bike and I ruined a few pairs of pants getting the pant leg stuck in the crank gear even with the guard in place that sick bike parts included.
I tuck them in my sock now so haven't ruined any lately, I guess Ill just tell her Ill not go faster then 15mph, I made the mistake 6 months ago of having her pace me right after it was broke in and jetted down and she saw I was capable of going 35mph on it.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Thumbs up Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactownie View Post
I have not rode mine in about 2 months because of health problems and I found out that gas/oil mix will go bad in that amount of time. Motor barely would run so I drained all the gas out of the carb and tank and mixed fresh fuel and she fired right up and runs even better then I can remember from the last time!
Wife wants me to not ride it anymore and sale it because of the blood thinners I am on, she thinks im going to wreck and bleed to death but hey I got to have some sort of fun.
I'm with you there....I'm on blood thinners now too and have noticed it in minor bumps and stuff.
But....
What's the point of living forever if you have to sit in a padded box to stay safe?
Take BIG bites of life!

Moderation is for monks!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:03 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
I'm with you there....I'm on blood thinners now too and have noticed it in minor bumps and stuff.
But....
What's the point of living forever if you have to sit in a padded box to stay safe?
Take BIG bites of life!

Moderation is for monks!
Exactly! I gave up allot of stuff in the last 2 months including beer, coffee, Mexican food , pizza, basically I cant eat anything that tastes really good, (sodium) or drink anything that gives me any kind of buzz so I think I can have a little fun on my motor bike... I do wear a dot approved helmet so at least my head is covered. i am really careful and have good brakes, I am constantly maintaining the bike.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner