Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
Hey M/B I did the same, I finished the ceiling last Saturday and have been building work tables. I had two but were not what I wanted, I now have one table 14 feet long that will be better. I rode my o/p up and down the road a couple of times before I closed shop for the day.
Feels good to get something finished doesn't it, I put down a sub floor of 7/16" osb over the top of the 5/8" tongue and groove osb flooring that I had originally put down, getting the final 800 square feet of flooring down was nice, I also got one 8ft shelf built that e tends out about 24"" from the wall, I still have a lot to do to get everything the way I want it, isulation, wall board, work bench, wiring in the electric, building a front porch 8'x 20', getting the entire building painted, and then I plan to build a 14' x 20' metal working shop off to the side of the current building, it will not have a wood floor like the big building, I need a place to put my welders, torxh and the Smithy Lathe & Mill combo, when I get this all done Ill have an excellent work area for do all my planned bike work, its a shame I have so manic tools and not have a good comfortable place to use them, I have so many plans in my head for bike work I want to do, I have several engines sitting around, some of them new in the box never even opened, plan to do some four stroke builda, maybe a couple of friction drivr builds I've had in my head for a while.....blah blah blah......lol!

Just need a good place to work and slowly but surely Im getting one, kinda tired of working on this huge one man project but it will be worth it when its done.

Today, I plan to but an engine back on the Kulana Moon Dawg bike, after breaking a rearstud off I redrilled both of them for 1/4 x 20 and just need to. Ut a couple of correct length studs from the all thread I picked up at Tractor Supply, I have a 6.0 Fred Head I think Im gonna put on the engine and also Im gonna re jet an NT Speed carb and put on it instead of the RT I had on it, the RT carb did good but I lost several mph off my top speed with the RT carb when I switched from the little NT carb, all around its really hard to beat the old NT carbs.

Map
Old 03-30-2014, 05:18 PM

I was out for a ride today and my clutch cable decides to snap right at the top that attaches to the handle. I was only about 6-7 miles from home. Luckily though, I keep a set of tools with me at all times plus needle nose and pliers. I was able to tie a knot at the end of it and reattach it to get me home.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:06 PM

I swapped out the spring on my tensioner to a smaller lighter one- quicker response, and less dragg on the chain- the test ride was really nice- Any excuse to get out and ride is a good one!
-Richard
Old 03-30-2014, 06:31 PM

I love a good self-rescue story. I've got many. Well done.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Ol' Tempus came in rather handy tonight. It was starting to get dark, and two of my older daughters had come home on time. Liesl, the procrastinator, had not. At first I went out on foot but, although I knew she hadn't left the mobile home park, this place was big and I was tired, and there were five or six different friend's houses she could be in. Sounded like an excuse to get out the bike.
I was making short work of every street down here. I rounded a curve that took me past one of Liesl's friend's house - when I saw her dart out the back door as I rode past the front. I must have tipped her off: there is no other vehicle for miles which sounds even remotely like mine.
She was running between houses where I could barely see her. But Tempus goes quick when I need her to. I met Liesl at the driveway as she ran up, so she couldn't say she'd been there the whole time - and she knew it. I don't spank my kids. But she missed out on dessert and the first part of a Harry Potter movie her sisters began watching. (For her, that seemed worse than any kind of spanking.) She knew when to be home. She also knows that, if I have to get out the bike to go looking for her, it's already too late and she needs to cut her losses and head straight home.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 03-31-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:17 AM

My daughter is two weeks old. Gee I can't wait for all that fun.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:04 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
My daughter is two weeks old. Gee I can't wait for all that fun.
Mine aren't even teenagers yet, and already they're inspiring me to new levels of creativity and quicker thinking. And I have four of them. I have a long road before me.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 04-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I finished up my bike (yesterday) took it for the the first ride!! My first bike!!!! What a blast, I'm hooked!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungface78 View Post
I finished up my bike (yesterday) took it for the the first ride!! My first bike!!!! What a blast, I'm hooked!
Congrats! All the irritation and frustration of the build disappears the first time that the motor catches and you feel even a hint of acceleration. The clouds part, the sun shines, the angels sing, and the neighbours rush to the windows shouting "What the %&^# was that??"

It's a great thing.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 04-01-2014, 02:00 PM

Congratulations, Mungface78!
I love the rush one gets when everything works out like it is supposed to and you can ride your work down the road.
Ride safe!

Does not come with a fortune cookie."

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner