Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Cruise, I guess I worked with what I was familiar with and knew of where to get the parts.

I did have a guy seeing me build my motor bike and offered an engine that already had a gear reduction box attached. That would have been easiest!

Some how I never had it given to me and so far the dual jack shaft system behind the engine works fine. I know at some point you wear parts prematurely if you let the grime stay and keep running it anyway.

But your right, you often don't see such short sections of chain used.

MT
Old 03-27-2014, 06:40 AM

Measure Twice, Yeah I know. A lot of my decisions on how to go about things in the shed often start with what I've got available.
I haven't seen your bike at all. Just read the post about pulling it down.
I'm keen to eventually get a jack shaft setup and a planetary hub. I've always liked the idea, ......... One day.
Cheers.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 AM

Cruise

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=29678&page=9 see post 85 one pic

and

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread...=29678&page=15 see post 141 three pics

The small pulley left side top to bottom jack shafts replaced by sprockets and short chain.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread...=29678&page=15 see post 145 one pic

This in the Northern California National Forest trail riding..... but then I was using only 17:1 ratio and 21:1 has been working better .....

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread...536#post543536

that is in the Travels Section I posted my trip to Central California Los Padres National Forest, but there limited to fire roads legal for my registration and avoided the trails that were too much.

MT
Old 03-27-2014, 07:07 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

well today on my daily commute home from my course i was going at approx 54km an hour when i could feel my motor surging and not running right, so i just dropped it a gear and revved it, next thing i know i had no power.
little did i realise, my chain that goes from the engine sprocket to jackshaft sprocket had been wearing quite bad and snapped when i revved the engine.

so i went back down the road, picked up my broken chain and had to pedal home (my body did not agree lol!)

i just finished cutting up some already used chain (so i dont have to worry about stretching ) and i have gone back to old school bearing grease, and i am never using the lube i bought from the bike shop that dries into a wax because it doesnt work!!

hows everyone else going?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 AM

Hey Measure Twice. Wow, looks like a lot of work in that one, and looking at that terrain it does well. Great stuff.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:57 PM

Got in my sprocket I ordered from Fed on his ebay store, wow what a nice looking sprocket, I was expecting an aluminum sprocket but it is a nice quality steel sprocket, now I just need to order a hub adapter, it designed for the manic style adapter, but I need to figure out which rear wheel Im gonna use and then measure to hub so Im surs I get the right adapter, I may check with manic and see if he has a spacer for the size wheel hub I used and if so Ill just but the adapter for the shimano 110 coaster hub and then use a spacer for the multispeed wheel I plan to use, unless I decide to ditch the mutispeed wheel and just go with a coaster brake wheel, which I actually like on two of my other bikes.

Map
Old 03-29-2014, 05:39 AM

Today was a beautiful autumn day, not a cloud and a slight breeze. I had a report to take to work, so for the first time in two weeks I took it out for about an hour or so. I felt the sun and breeze as I motored along smiling. Even took the long way home.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:10 PM

Started mine up for the first time in a couple of months. Had enrich the mix to get her to fire up........guess the fuel lost a little punch while it sat. She still sounds good and runs good......whewwww!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:51 PM

Worked on my shop all day, then fired a bike up and took a relaxing ride just before dark.... only about 2 miles ride but I enjoy all of them.

Map
Old 03-29-2014, 10:59 PM

Hey M/B I did the same, I finished the ceiling last Saturday and have been building work tables. I had two but were not what I wanted, I now have one table 14 feet long that will be better. I rode my o/p up and down the road a couple of times before I closed shop for the day.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner