Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Sounds like a lot of love going into that paint job. Be great to see your results.
Ditto...!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:55 PM

Thank you both!

Yeah, a nice paint job can be a lot of work, but for me its part of a hobby we here all enjoy.

I did one crappy bike paint job when I was about 10 or 11, and learned that you might as well try to do it right. You're going to spend time and about the same amount on paint doing a half-azzed job - might as well not try to rush it.

If you google "krylon x-metals jalopyjournal", there are a couple of examples of how good the red finish can look. Some guy restored an old tricycle for his kid and the pictures of the results look very good. He used a silver base coat, mine is gold with added glitter, but it seems like he certainly knows what he's doing with a rattle can. The effect is hard to capture in pictures because of the way the metallic base coat sparkles underneath as light moves across it.

I'll try to provide good pics soon.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Smile Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Today I rode my bike to the parts store, but I took the long way.

First I went to the park by my home (photo 1)

Then went a few miles to the Santa Cruz Park (photo 2) where I have to shut the motor off and pedal (photo 3)

From their it was a few miles to the parts store where I took the wash instead of the bike lane for a little dirt (photo 4)

And then finally the parts store and back home (photo 5)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Park.JPG (337.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Santa cruz park 1.JPG (376.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Santa cruz park 2.JPG (375.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg The Wash.JPG (380.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Parts store.JPG (342.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 03-18-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave31 View Post
Today I rode my bike to the parts store, but I took the long way.

First I went to the park by my home (photo 1)

Then went a few miles to the Santa Cruz Park (photo 2) where I have to shut the motor off and pedal (photo 3)

From their it was a few miles to the parts store where I took the wash instead of the bike lane for a little dirt (photo 4)

And then finally the parts store and back home (photo 5)
Sounds like you had a great ride.... makes me want to skip work tonight and just hit the back roads......!

I like that banana pipe, does anyone still sell that particular pipe, the one I ordered from dax is really small, and not exactly what I was expecting it to be.

By the way I can tell it is modified on the flange end and that you have put a small type mower muffler on it but the main chamber is what I like for it size and larger shape.

Map
Old 03-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Sounds like you had a great ride.... makes me want to skip work tonight and just hit the back roads......!

I like that banana pipe, does anyone still sell that particular pipe, the one I ordered from dax is really small, and not exactly what I was expecting it to be.

By the way I can tell it is modified on the flange end and that you have put a small type mower muffler on it but the main chamber is what I like for it size and larger shape.

Map
Not sure map its been a long time since I even looked for one I do know I had a hard time getting a hold of them a few years ago.

Playing with the header length really changes how the pipe performs with my experience. It took me a while but I got this one right where I wanted it with this motor.

The muffler was just added recently and I don't like it, it killed my pipe. But it does help a little with the noise factor and right now performance is not my main thing so its staying on for a little while.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave31 View Post
Not sure map its been a long time since I even looked for one I do know I had a hard time getting a hold of them a few years ago.

Playing with the header length really changes how the pipe performs with my experience. It took me a while but I got this one right where I wanted it with this motor.

The muffler was just added recently and I don't like it, it killed my pipe. But it does help a little with the noise factor and right now performance is not my main thing so its staying on for a little while.
I've had the same experience with the .mufflers, the added back pressure hurts performance on all the china girls I've run, a straight through pipe has always given me best mid range and best topspeed iride open road 99.9% of the time so any extra lowend power does me no good, I gear for the road and like to cruise at a good clip of 30+mph and one of my bikes cruises at 40+ mph, it has no chamber and that engine pulls good from low to 9000+ rpms but will sing along formiles and miles at around 8000 with a 36T rear and my 210lbs which is at least 215 adding my clothing.
I think I've seen that pipe on bikeberry if I remember right.

Thank
Map
Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 AM

I've only looked at my bike while breezing past in the shed as I've done one of a hundred small jobs. The only time I touched it was to take the high-output led headlight off.
Needed it to light up our kitchen and lounge as we still deal with a very lengthy power outage. But of a challenge as we've got a two year old boy and just today brought a newborn girl home.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:43 AM

Congratulations on your daughter Cruise!
I miss the days of watching my daughter grow up. It seems to happen soo fast.
I pray the best for all of you!
I am sorry to hear that you have no power. At least you have internet, I assume away from home though.
During our last power outage I figured out that our solar powered garden lights work great. Never worry about buying a bunch of batteries to keep them going.
I just pulled them out of the ground and propped them up in the house, shining on the ceiling for all over illumination. My daughter did her homework with one clipped to the drapes shining down on her desk.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 03-19-2014, 04:20 PM

Congrats on the blessing of the new baby girl, you've been intrusted with a precious soul to raise and teach.....
Best wishes for your entire family and now lets see, diapers or bike parts which will it be this month......lol!

Map
Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 PM

Ha, thanks a lot guys. I have power back. It came on around midnight. Had to go round and turn off all the stuff we forgot to turn off!
I use my mobile phone for chatting with you folks so had some battery left.
All good now, and thanks for well wishes.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner