Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Fix the top of that I and I'd say you have a real Winner!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:05 AM

Did you etch that yourself wret?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:32 AM

Yes I did. A fun and interesting little science project. I wasn't really shooting for the "found at the bottom of the ocean" look but I think I'll keep it.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:52 PM

This ain't no M/B but but it's what I built today outta noth'n but donor parts it started out as just a frame, it along with 4 others I've been working on the past week are going to a park ministry this Sat that I'm involved with where we give out some groceries, clothes and other donated articles ( like the bikes ) to those that have been hit hard by these economical times.

His Name is "Trasher" and he rolls good despite his looks LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2571 (1024x768).jpg (379.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2572 (768x1024).jpg (420.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2573 (768x1024).jpg (513.8 KB, 29 views)
Old 03-18-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckd View Post
This ain't no M/B but but it's what I built today outta noth'n but donor parts it started out as just a frame, it along with 4 others I've been working on the past week are going to a park ministry this Sat that I'm involved with where we give out some groceries, clothes and other donated articles ( like the bikes ) to those that have been hit hard by these economical times.

His Name is "Trasher" and he rolls good despite his looks LOL!
Hats off to ya bro, great bike for a great cause, God bless y'all for helping these people out...
Old 03-18-2014, 01:27 AM

Thanks! Map this pic was last Christmas Dec 22nd 2013 100 more bikes were brought to the park shortly after this pic was taken but there was over 1000 people by 5:00pm so my goal is to keep a few kids out of trouble this summer by giving them a bike for something to do when they are board and I even got a couple for adults who don't have a car and need to get to work.

Next project when funds come available is to build a trike for a buddy of mine who was run over by a car last year and can no longer drive because his feet were crushed we'll see.

But lets get back to the this tread I just wanted to post what I did to a non M/B today HE! HE! HE!.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2221 (1024x768) (2).jpg (710.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by truckd; 03-18-2014 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckd View Post
Thanks! Map this pic was last Christmas Dec 22nd 2013 100 more bikes were brought to the park shortly after this pic was taken but there was over 1000 people by 5:00pm so my goal is to keep a few kids out of trouble this summer by giving them a bike for something to do when they are board and I even got a couple for adults who don't have a car and need to get to work.

Next project when funds come available is to build a trike for a buddy of mine who was run over by a car last year and can no longer drive because his feet were crushed we'll see.

But lets get back to the this tread I just wanted to post what I did to a non M/B today HE! HE! HE!.
Excellent........ you're doing a great thing and you'll be blessed for it....

And to be more on topic, all I did to my bikes today is dream of what I want to do to my bikes... slept today because Im working tonight earning my bean money.....lol

Map
Old 03-18-2014, 01:55 AM

BEANS! BEANS! BEANS! The more you get the better the bike runs LOL!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:15 AM

My motorized '73 Schwinn Continental is still all in parts - still painting her. Wish I had a spare MB, but other bikes are all purely leg-powered.

The paint job is going well. I'm down to doing the final clear coats. Don't know how many that will take, though. This is a "specialty" job I'm trying. My frame was totally bare metal, so I primed it with a black "rust restorer" paint. Looks like it will be a very good bare-metal primer. Forks were factory paint, so I just gray primered them. Then laid down the coats of gold for a base. Then clear just so I could sprinkle on some red glitter while the clear was still tacky. I know this sounds hideous, but it was just a very light, even amount to give a bit of a metal flake effect. It is looking awesome. Then the red Krylon X-Metals paint went on. Takes about 3 or 4 light coats to get the color nice and even. Then enough clear to get all the glitter flakes covered and enough to wet-sand flat and smooth.

Maybe another week. After the final clear coat, I like to "bake" it by having a space heater on it constantly for at least a few days.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 AM

Sounds like a lot of love going into that paint job. Be great to see your results.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner