Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
I have a big drawer full of one-off pullers and presses made for a single job. After awhile, you can find one without building usually. One nice thing about a crowded workspace...I have stuff I haven't seen in years.
I made the puller flange big enough so it's possible to drill it for other hole spacings so it can be used for other jobs as well.
I hear what you're saying Maniac, while doing my big workshop cleanup I found all kinds of handy bits and bobs I'd forgotten about.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:42 AM

I redid the hanger on my exhaust pipe so the clamp is not at all on the corrugated metal water pipe I'm using. The last one would have lasted longer than two years, but severed where the clamp I though I spread the stress out enough. Now a extra short section of cast iron is where the clamp is holding now.

I swapped my home made copper gaskets that replace the rubber part the pipe comes with. In addition I remove the nylon sleeves at the ends that are for galvanic corrosion prevention when used with water and dissimilar metals.

I am going to get an extra length of axle to use with a new 12 gauge spoke wheel and mount the new replica Whizzer sheave on. Extra width needed as it sticks out a bit more to the side than my home brewed pulley I mounted. The pulley of my own would have been still working, but I never found a source of steel stamped 10 inch diameter v-belt pulley with arms I use mounted to the spokes.

Just cast aluminum alloy and my 21:1 ratio and 3 hp 4stroke Briggs hauling through mountain trails cracked it half way around.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread...395#post547395
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3669.JPG (740.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3223.JPG (486.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Took the resistor out of my ngk spark plug boot and replaced it with aluminum foil. Crappy stock boot broke so I had to figure out something. Good thing I had the ngk in my room
Old 03-14-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer60973 View Post
Took the resistor out of my ngk spark plug boot and replaced it with aluminum foil. Crappy stock boot broke so I had to figure out something. Good thing I had the ngk in my room
its always nice to have some usable junk laying around isn't it, if it wasn't for all the junk I have laying around I wouldn't get much done around my place my wife gets on to me for keeping so much, but it sure comes in handy for all those little odds and ends that need to be fixed or rigged up and saves money in the long run also or at least sometimes it does.....lol!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

I could wait no longer. The temperature hit somewhere just above 40f. I brought out the bike, goosebumps spreading up my arms all the while. I went through the pre-run checklist. Put in fresh fuel. Pedaled up to speed, popped the clutch, and lit that ol' gurl up! WOOOHOO! I suddenly realized just how friggin' long this winter had been!
Neighbors waved as I rode by. They smiled at me and my bike Tempus as we cruised by, as though we'd become an early sign of the coming Spring. It was a glorious first ride of the year. Looking forward to many more very soon.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 03-15-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
I could wait no longer. The temperature hit somewhere just above 40f. I brought out the bike, goosebumps spreading up my arms all the while. I went through the pre-run checklist. Put in fresh fuel. Pedaled up to speed, popped the clutch, and lit that ol' gurl up! WOOOHOO! I suddenly realized just how friggin' long this winter had been!
Neighbors waved as I rode by. They smiled at me and my bike Tempus as we cruised by, as though we'd become an early sign of the coming Spring. It was a glorious first ride of the year. Looking forward to many more very soon.
There ya go.....

Map
Old 03-15-2014, 09:05 AM

I'm back! Been locked out of the forum for some technical reason (most likely couldn't remember the password).
Really wanted to say that AllenWrench your post made me smile. You could take that post, put music to the images and make an ad for these bikes! Good show.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Got some parts in the mail today. Main one I needed was the dual-pull lever. One of the best things ever invented. I can actually stop quicker. Also got a .68 jet. Will wait til end of break-in to replace that.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:00 AM

I drilled out both rear studs in my dax gen IV engine on my Kulana bike I have one of them that had broke up flush and I could not get it out so I drilled it and then tapped it with a 1/4-20 tap, so now that will be a good solid fix for that problem I hope.

I also got a set of springer forks and some old Wald ape handlebars put on my old 1963 Western Flyer bike, Im gonna put an engine on it tomorrow, for now Im putting the dax genIV on it that I took off the Kulana today, I uave another good engine sitting in the shop Im gonna slap on the Kulana bike for now, I have two more gen IV lowers still in the box that need to be built up, so when I have time Ill get one of them together and back on the Kulana.

Plan on getting my 30T sprocket mounted up on my 24" wheel tomorrow if all goes well may Ill have this bike ready to ride before the sun goes down tomorrow, its gonna be a unique bike compared to my others, I think it might end up being my favorite bike when its done.

Map

Edit: no bike work today after all.... way to dang cold and windy to be outside..... dang-it, sure wanted to get that engine mounted up today.....!

Last edited by mapbike; 03-16-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:27 PM

I made a head tube badge and welded on some motor mount studs.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner