Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

That's not in your house is it?
My missus would have a fit!
Well done, a mate and I have been meaning to knock up something like that for years, but I'd not want to pull it down again, so need to find a permanent space. Was starting to think about using a Market Gazebo,
Old 03-09-2014, 01:26 AM

Took it for a ride down along the beach esplanade for about a 20km round trip. Had no reason to ride it, apart from the ride itself. It was 33'c. Nice.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

gazed longingly at my bike today wishing i could ride.. dislocated my shoulder last thursday so i'm probably going to be gazing at my motorized bike for at least a week.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southgate Jonny View Post
gazed longingly at my bike today wishing i could ride.. dislocated my shoulder last thursday so i'm probably going to be gazing at my motorized bike for at least a week.
I can say with some authority that it'll only slow you down the first couple of times it happens.. Mine's so far gone I can roll it in and out of the socket anytime I want or need to. Once you have the knack of doing it, not many grappling holds can keep you restrained... A friend showed me a move he'd just learned at his dojo once that was an "unbreakable hold".. I unlocked the shoulder and dropped out of it in seconds.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 03-10-2014, 01:31 AM

I pedalled the old '67 Peugeot PX10 road bike the six miles round trip to Starbucks for coffee- low 70's temps- and then finished putting a new back wheel on the old 66 build-

I wanted to pedal in my 60th birthday a month back, but the weather wasn't good, or my bio rhythms, but I'm hoping I can still get out peddaling 3 or 4 times at least a week this season- nothing long 20 -40 minutes.

You may have seen the 66 build- with 27" wheels- the back wheel has been breaking spokes lately and has had a slightly bent axle, I hoped might go the summer but I'm tired of replacing spokes-

so I put on a 700 C flip flop wheel with a 1 inch rim and bolted a 34 alloy sprock with the 6 disk brake pattern right onto the drilled smooth dsides of the alloy flange- same as my 50 build-

the 27 wheel already had a 34 alloy and rag joint so no change there- just losing the weight of the rag joint-

It LOOKS perfect- the motor chain is dead on straight and very clear of the stays- and- as always- NO tensioner! The proof will be testing tomorrow

the tire is a 35mm wide thing I'd ridden on the 50 shortly but which swayed on the sidewalls on a 3/4 " wide rim- I think the extra 1/4 " of the 1 inch rim will stop that- so I'm happy-

it was running GREAT when I had it out Friday but there went a spoke and another by the time I got back- this has gotta stop!

and I think it will with this new wheel. No more matching blue tires tho.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66 build-.jpg (414.3 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Nashville Kat; 03-10-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southgate Jonny View Post
Dang, Jonny! Hope ya feel better soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_dam View Post
Here's pics of the dryer rigged for ventilation. Since I took them I might as well post them.

And there's one of the frame - totally bare metal. Looked pretty cool like that; shiny! Now its sprayed gold. Looks good like that too. But the gold paint is just an undercoat for my Krylon X-Metals red (basically a candy-apple paint).
That is cool!

Wonder what temps you could get an enclosed space upto? Be a great little DIY heater too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Dang, Jonny! Hope ya feel better soon
Thanks 4 the good wishes, Dan. I just wish i was at least doing something fun when it happened.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:06 AM

My daughter has claimed my VeloSolex powered Wu-Yang bicycle and since she wanted to do some improvement work on the lighting system she need to remove the engine flywheel. So it was, 'Mum how do you get this thing off?' And next minute yours truly was busy with making a flywheel puller out of scrap steel and other bits and bobs.
The real thing is available from France of course, but making one from scrap costs nothing and you don't have to wait a week for it to arrive.
The flywheel puller I made doesn't look as nice as the proper tool, but it worked just fine which is all that counts.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 AM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I have a big drawer full of one-off pullers and presses made for a single job. After awhile, you can find one without building usually. One nice thing about a crowded workspace...I have stuff I haven't seen in years.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner