Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
I'm guessing that you may have worked for Halliburton.
Good guess but no. I lived there as a youngster. My accent was so bad my father could barely understand me lol.

Dan.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danschutz View Post
As I made my way to my truck this morning trudging through several inches of snow on my sidewalk (didn't I just shovel this an hour ago) I thought of your post Map. Feeling the -21 degree weather bite at my face I thought of 60 degree weather Map. I hopped into the truck with the heater already blasting getting nice and cozy slipped the shifter into first started to pull onto the road and the truck stalls and dies in the heavy snow. Even then I thought about your post.

Finally making it to the main road I leave the truck in 4 wheel, the road is covered in snow no way to tell where the sidewalks end and the road begins, again thought of your post. Finally made it to my shop and started shoveling the store front, yep thought of your post. I checked the temp right before I took the picture and it was -25. I took my gloves off to snap the pic and my fingers instantly started to tingle. Guess what Map? Thought of your post buddy.

Yay Winter!

Dan.

Sorry for your bad weather up there Dan, we have cold here today..... not nearly as cold as where you are but cold for us considering it was uppper 80's yesterday and now around freezing and suppose to be around 19......!
Old 03-02-2014, 01:23 PM

We are having the odd phenomena of 'thunder sleet' as I type........on top of ice, then snow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (171.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 03-02-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Sorry for your bad weather up there Dan, we have cold here today..... not nearly as cold as where you are but cold for us considering it was uppper 80's yesterday and now around freezing and suppose to be around 19......!
It was a passing phase lol. It's 14 degrees and sunny. With the sun it's not even jacket or glove weather which still freaks me out lol. I really liked your post makes me think about riding weather!

Quote:
We are having the odd phenomena of 'thunder sleet' as I type........on top of ice, then snow.
Yuck. The one benefit to our region is its very dry, very cold but dry I don't miss cold weather in the south.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Yep same here, and very windy also......
Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Wow, that just looks so dreary and cold. Brrrrrr.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I'd trade all this miserable rain and freezing for some fresh snow to go out in on the ATC.
Finally got it running again and.....no snow.
Running around totally sideways all night in fresh snow is all I miss about Illinois.
Well, that and the local dirt track...
Old 03-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I'd trade all this miserable rain and freezing for some fresh snow to go out in on the ATC.
Running around totally sideways all night in fresh snow is all I miss about Illinois.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post

Well, Buddy, you may just get your wish late tonight or tomorrow!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
Fresh snow we've got! Had to clear the driveway AGAIN today (about 3 inches). It's 2 degrees below right now, 4 AM. I am more than sick of this winter. Tennessee is supposed to have some nice ice storms in store Sun/Mon.

Stripped the frame to bare metal yesterday - will post pics later.

I was thinking of a way to pretty-fy my kickstand. Black powdercoat would be nice, if I had powdercoat. Another thought was to apply a thin layer of epoxy glue, then slip a piece of black shrink-wrap over and shrink it tight. I have some large stuff for electrical wires that might work. I'd need about a 16-inch length.

Then it hit me. The kickstand is 1/2 inch round steel rod. I have 1/2 inch aluminum round. So I bent one up.

In the pic I have two old kickstands and the new one. The old one on the end is very rusty. That's how they get after 40 years when the plating (cadmium?) wears off. The center one was about that rusty. I completely sanded it and then covered it with a 2-part polymer EnviroTex. Looked great for about a year or two. But the kickstand always eventually gets hit by the crank and the coating chipped. Then the rust started growing under the coating.

On the end is the unfinished aluminum stand. I just have to cut the ends to length and drill the hole for the pin. Bending that bar was a mutha. I always underestimate the strength of aluminum. Gonna be a nice shiny, non-rusting kickstand. And much lighter... those steel ones are retardedly heavy. Finished pics to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kickstand1.jpg (59.6 KB, 27 views)

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner