Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Is 40F!!!!!(@9AM) Ride or maintenance? Ya know whats gonna win that one. LOL. Yesterdays snow ended up being rain so got rid of the considerable amounts of ice.

Got a trailer hitch and installed yesterday. (car) Will make some great cash via currier gig. Soon to have more toys! Working on an engine and tranny that should be awesome. Multi speed with elec. & kick start. So will have intrinsic lighting capability. (Cig lighter, radio, GPS) Need $ for parts but this is gonna be cool!

Man, sorry to hear about your cat Killer. Hate that. My Ethel had a bully. I used to wait for the evil lil critter with a super soaker just to train it to stay away from our area. Ethel is a kind soul who dated a skunk and had a blind mouse who she would share meals with. Just a really cool animal and my best buddy. If I coulda got away with it....

WA, lol! That is always the way. Got the cash, theres no time. Got the time...

Is funny, worked last week mostly at night. Was really missing you guys and feeling like I was not some how holding up my part.
(Like we are planning on invading Uganda or some thing. LOL, with an annoying buzzing sound. Imagine hearing a few hundred motorized bicycles coming from over the horizon while standing watch of a national border in a desert. That would be funny and gonna be part of a short story some day)

But spring is coming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 02-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
(Like we are planning on invading Uganda or some thing. LOL, with an annoying buzzing sound. Imagine hearing a few hundred motorized bicycles coming from over the horizon while standing watch of a national border in a desert. That would be funny and gonna be part of a short story some day)

But spring is coming!
I can see it now painted faces. lol A guy in front wielding the throttle. ''Yelling Freedom''. Think Mel Gibson movie.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Staff

LOL, throw in some "Mad Max" riders and costumes. (Now that would make a vid!)

Man Goat, we are twisted.

Long ride. Getting rust bleeds every where from salt wash. WD40'd rims. (I know) And gonna lightly grease every thing ASAP. One thing about the cheap Chinese bikes, they do paint em well and frame paint is unscathed.

Really gotta get on the maintenance.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I did a mock-up build today to see if everything fits. It doesn't. not yet at least.

My engine barely fits so I can't use the choke lever. The gearbox sticks out too far so the sprockets wont line up. I've got one of the best motormount plates available (Bicycle-engines.com), but I can't drill into it to move the engine any further to the right and move the engine forward. I have fo find a fabricator and make friends with him quick.

Dax is out of his motormounts, I have already emailed him.

Dang.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 033.jpg (122.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 034.jpg (70.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 035.jpg (159.8 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Smoothe; 02-06-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: sp
Old 02-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Cool What did Ya' work on today?

I spent some time today riding and getting my bike dialed in and tuned up. Installed a new speedometer last week and I like it much better. Its a mechanical old school type like on a whizzer. Works great says 25 is easy cruz it will go much faster but it starts to feel sketchy past 30 fastest so far 38. I like 25 much better. Did the usual chain tension adjust, dinked with headlight and taillights and loving the new centerstand I installed a week ago. If the weather holds out I'll be riding to the Cafe next week to meet with everyone again.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Well I spent some time today riding and getting my bike dialed in and tuned up. Installed a new speedometer last week and I like it much better. Its a mechanical old school type like on a whizzer. Works great says 25 is easy cruz it will go much faster but it starts to feel sketchy past 30 fastest so far 38. I like 25 much better. If the weather holds out I'll be riding to the Cafe next week to meet with everyone again.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:04 PM

Like I had said I began the Huffy Nes Ullman build until I discovered the the crank bearings were bad on a new bike and so I returned it and got a Huffy Cranbrook that I looked over especially hard for flaws. After not finding anything bad today I mounted the springer forks and made a head tube spacer and chopped the front fender to be a shorty... I also started looking at my new Grubee engine and tried to remove the ugly decals and pulled more paint off than decal so ordered the chrome covers and head to fit it... Tomorrow I begin mounting the engine...
Old 02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Staff

Oh man Smoothe, not fun. Asking here, how about making a mounting plate for the mounting plate (not following why yours can't be drilled)
Tilting the engine slightly forward or back? (the mount) Makes checking the oil a pain but works.

Just thinking out loud and asking. That "almost" feeling is a bummer!

If you don't have one, should start a thread on her. Ya know, so as to get some good advise. lol

I am sure others have had the same problem and have some tried and true work arounds.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 AM

Fixed rear fender "L" bracket. Replaced my 36 with a 40. Kind of in the sweet spot now.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:53 AM

Re-mounted my engine (again) and used thick mouse pad between the mounts.

Bent the top of chain tensioner so that the wheel would align better with the chain.

Fixed the muffler and exhaust and mounted it with two hose clamps, one at the end, and one at the beginning (where I could get them to clamp onto the frame)

Added mouse padding to the clutch covers

Fixed my gear shifter (inside broke)

Now I'm just waiting for new studs to put on the front mount, my bike indicator lights, and a mirror; then I'm all good and complete for my bike, finally!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner