Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Random pictures of the red headed - itch and one if mr blue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-185947007.jpg (543.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg image-2352290491.jpg (542.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg image-2720216986.jpg (635.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg image-1307494515.jpg (743.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image-2648196815.jpg (477.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-16-2013, 10:39 PM

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
when on a ride late this evening, put a new speedometer on the Moon dog Kulana, locked the front break while rounding a corner and went down hard on the rough rocky dirt road, tore up my knee and my right hand a bit, but bike is fine and I'll be a bit sore for a few days I'm sure but I still bounce pretty good.....LOL!

dang little rubber dust cover on the brake cable hung when I pulled the break lever didn't know what it was so I squeezed the lever harder and when it come loose it instantly locked my front brake and the rest was a quick trip straight to the ground...... oh yeah it was fun...LOL!

Map
Glad your ok bud! Dang brakes lol.

Dan.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:52 PM

CTripps,

I'd like to see how that conduit pipe works out for you. Couple weeks ago I was talking with my buddy about his exhaust and suggested conduit as he has every and any piece of it at his shop (master electrician). Anyways, he told me that the way conduit is made it can't stand up to exhaust temps, something about the way it's rolled and soldered. Your piece is further down the pipe so I'm curious.

Also, and Im as noob as noob can be but the diameter of the pipe you used seems pretty small, interested in your review on performance.

And let me finish by saying kudos to you, great job and it looks awesome!

Dan.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:01 PM

Smile Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danschutz View Post
Glad your ok bud! Dang brakes lol.

Dan.
The pic I included shows the hand damage and the knee is this x3 but it's just a scratch compared to some of the spills some of our buds here on the forum have endured, Bairdco and Tom aka 2door are the first two names that come to mind.

Thanks for the love bro.

Map
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scraped hand after mbike spill 20131216.jpg (108.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 12-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Danshutz, I have had great results using conduit as exhaust. I have used it right against the flange and never had any heat issues or failures. I use the galvanized electrical stuff that's easy to bend and weld, although it is nasty stuff to weld. Be sure to only weld it in a well ventilated area. The smoke from it can cause SERIOUS health issues.
It's easier to bend conduit to fit than it is to piece bends together from handlebar chunks. Less welding too!
Here's a pic of the latest low pipe for The Pig.

(No conduit in this one since I only needed one bend)

Last edited by maniac57; 12-16-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danschutz View Post
CTripps,

I'd like to see how that conduit pipe works out for you. Couple weeks ago I was talking with my buddy about his exhaust and suggested conduit as he has every and any piece of it at his shop (master electrician). Anyways, he told me that the way conduit is made it can't stand up to exhaust temps, something about the way it's rolled and soldered. Your piece is further down the pipe so I'm curious.

Also, and Im as noob as noob can be but the diameter of the pipe you used seems pretty small, interested in your review on performance.

And let me finish by saying kudos to you, great job and it looks awesome!

Dan.
Thanks Dan, I'm happy with how it turned out. Early test riding around the block and up and down the back lane feels good. If or when I run into problems I'll be sure to post about it. I'm hoping not to, but that's not the way (my) life works. I got the idea of using conduit from the forums here, so we'll see how it goes.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 12-17-2013, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
Danshutz, I have had great results using conduit as exhaust. I have used it right against the flange and never had any heat issues or failures. I use the galvanized electrical stuff that's easy to bend and weld, although it is nasty stuff to weld. Be sure to only weld it in a well ventilated area. The smoke from it can cause SERIOUS health issues.
It's easier to bend conduit to fit than it is to piece bends together from handlebar chunks. Less welding too!
Nice job, I like how you hung the muffler from the tensioner bracket.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
when on a ride late this evening, put a new speedometer on the Moon dog Kulana, locked the front break while rounding a corner and went down hard on the rough rocky dirt road, tore up my knee and my right hand a bit, but bike is fine and I'll be a bit sore for a few days I'm sure but I still bounce pretty good.....LOL!

dang little rubber dust cover on the brake cable hung when I pulled the break lever didn't know what it was so I squeezed the lever harder and when it come loose it instantly locked my front brake and the rest was a quick trip straight to the ground...... oh yeah it was fun...LOL!

Map
Sorry to hear it Map, make sure you keep those scrapes clean. Glad you'll only be walking funny for a week or so, it doesn't take much to be a lot worse.

I've noticed the rubber dust covers on my cruiser's brakes don't like to stay put, maybe I'll take a look at getting rid of them.

-=-

Old 12-17-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
So getting back to the subject of this thread did you call your bike names, kick it or something? Or is crashing "what you did to your m /b today "! Just joking I'm glad you are not hurt bad.

Had to think about this for a second, then I actually busted out laughing!!

Shan, glad it wasn't any worse -- I know that I certainly take longer to heal than I used to.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTripps View Post
Sorry to hear it Map, make sure you keep those scrapes clean. Glad you'll only be walking funny for a week or so, it doesn't take much to be a lot worse.

I've noticed the rubber dust covers on my cruiser's brakes don't like to stay put, maybe I'll take a look at getting rid of them.
Yep if those little covers get hard you better replace or just cut them off, the ones on mine caused my low speed belly flop in the rocks......I just put a dab of hard grease around where the cable goes in to keep dust and moisture out, dont need those boots for now until I can find some soft replacements.

Yep I got a bit of a hobble going on along with a sore shoulder.....lol!

Map

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner