Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Bought a 32T sprocket for it today. Had engine vibrations, but figured with my 24" wheels I was just running out of revs when it starts vibing. Must have got lucky with my exhaust as the thing is so quiet. For now I'm just cruising around on it at the rattle-point which is 31kmh. Happy.
Just wanted to say I have a 32T on a 24" wheel and it works great, still has good low mid power and even though I have an old very badly balanced engine on that particular bike that doesnt do high revs good at all I still have a nice cruise speed of 28-30 mph with a top speed of 34 mph on that weak old Red Bat BGF engine.

With a good tuned and better balanced engine I would think that wheel sprocket comb could easily see 40 mph with a nice 34-36 mph cruise speed.

Map
Old 12-14-2013, 06:25 PM

Well the block is covered in the basement. Motor mount and intake tube are drying. One more coat of clear yet. Engine covers and head are in the oven curing
Old 12-14-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Just wanted to say I have a 32T on a 24" wheel and it works great, still has good low mid power and even though I have an old very badly balanced engine on that particular bike that doesnt do high revs good at all I still have a nice cruise speed of 28-30 mph with a top speed of 34 mph on that weak old Red Bat BGF engine.

With a good tuned and better balanced engine I would think that wheel sprocket comb could easily see 40 mph with a nice 34-36 mph cruise speed.

Map
Cheers, that's great to hear. It'll be the final mod to this bike I reckon.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Cheers, that's great to hear. It'll be the final mod to this bike I reckon.

Heresy, I say............
Old 12-14-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Heresy, I say............
Yeah, who am I kidding ! I'm bound to keep it evolving

Last edited by Cruise; 12-14-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Oops wrong button!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I spent two months working with CNS carb that came with 66 cc china girl and could not get it to perform. I ordered a Dellorto SHA Clone and same results after changing jets . drilling jets etc, I finally ordered a NT carb and short intake and tonight I istalled the NT carb and she runs like a scalded dog. Cant wait till morning so I can go on long ride.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:36 PM

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bldr1000 View Post
I spent two months working with CNS carb that came with 66 cc china girl and could not get it to perform. I ordered a Dellorto SHA Clone and same results after changing jets . drilling jets etc, I finally ordered a NT carb and short intake and tonight I istalled the NT carb and she runs like a scalded dog. Cant wait till morning so I can go on long ride.
Glad to hear you got ur running nice, I've personally had great results with both th NT carb and the Dellorto Clone carb from thatsdax aka the RT Carb, a 70 jet has worked perfectly in both of mine, top speed with the RT carb hasnt shown to be any better than the little NT carbs, but m low to modrange throttle response and power were noticeably improved with the RT carbs.

Nothing at all wrong with the NT carb, I've seen 45 +mph with an NT carb so they will do the job and are almost zero maintenance little jewels.

Map
Old 12-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Had a drum brake laced into the front wheel. When I went to start the bike up after putting the new wheel on, no go. I troubleshoot and figure out fuel isn't getting from the carb to the cylinder.

Today I took the carb apart and cleaned it. Reassembled it and she runs great. Messed around with the idle jet to see how it works.

That is the first time I have dared take apart a carb. I was like a proud papa after I got her running. Took her out for an hour around Oceanside cruising through neighborhoods and enjoyed the sunny afternoon.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:28 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Not much for real. I went to my sons for dinner and came home get more work completed. And did a little
R&D on some other projects coming up soon!!!!
Mean while back at the "Bike Cave" there is so
intresting things happening!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 03:32 AM

Tonight I helped my daughter with overhauling a Crystalyte bicycle hub motor wheel I had stashed away in the garage. This is going to be used on the full suspension mountain bike I got for her a while ago to replace the original rear wheel. We were looking at using a motor drive via a chain, but using the Crystalyte should make things easier to set up.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner