Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Bike View Post
Is that the optional cigarette lighter?
Lol yes it is but Im giving up smoking now...

Slowly but surely getting rid of the gold wheels, put the original Dyno wheel on the front with a Kenda K838 tire and Avid single 5 hardware plus some Koolstop brake pads.

Motorbicycleracing is sending me a 36T sprocket, Im going to give it a try and if it feels right Im going to get a sprocket adaptor for the other Dyno wheel and all will match Cant believe how great the one K838 feels, cant wait to get the rear tire replaced.

Also took a couple hour ride today, it was a blistering 35 degrees outside lol.

Pic I snapped when I was out and about today....

Dan.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:49 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Ported out the inside of the new Custom J pipe for Snake Pipe today. Smoothed the internal welds to
maximize superior flow and tuning.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:36 AM
$50 Cruiser

Not my bike;
A friend of a friend paid $500 for this gasbike to be built. There were problems of some sort: another $200. Again, problems: another $100.
I told him to cut it out and gimmie. So far, I haven't done much but change the spark plug boot. What a wreck this thing is. The gas/oil was mostly oil, the carb is busted, etc etc. I'll get it right.
Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 156.JPG (615.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 157.JPG (607.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 171.JPG (586.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 163.JPG (609.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 169.JPG (581.9 KB, 44 views)
Old 11-12-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch that Hurt View Post
Blew another woodruff key. This time on the chain drive gear. Can i get this welded on? Will it mess stuff up if i ever have to take it apart?
Bummer, that shouldn't happen if the taper is right on the shaft and it is torqued down well. Usually, with enough torque, the taper will hold it well without a key.

Makes me wonder if someone at factory grabbed a clutch & sprocket with wrong taper for that shaft.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Not my bike;
A friend of a friend paid $500 for this gasbike to be built. There were problems of some sort: another $200. Again, problems: another $100.
I told him to cut it out and gimmie. So far, I haven't done much but change the spark plug boot. What a wreck this thing is. The gas/oil was mostly oil, the carb is busted, etc etc. I'll get it right.
Any suggestions?
Chunk the CNS carb and get either a regular NT carb or if its in the budget to get a nice upgrade that will really make a difference in throttle response and low to mid power get an RT carb and cable from Dax and a shorty Manic port matched intake is a nice addition also.

looks like just a little cleaning up and tuning should have that bike on the road in no time, best wishes.

Map
Old 11-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Pull start snapped today. I have a Pocket Bike Motor. I love it. Anybody want to race? Motors off. Conventional 2 cycle Chinese Motorized Bike Motors make your pedal bike into a difficult tank to pedal. Almost 0 resistance to pedal with the Pocket Bike Motor. I am marketing mounting kits this month. Watch for them.
Peace,
Sister Bike Company
Old 11-12-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Bike View Post
Pull start snapped today. I have a Pocket Bike Motor. I love it. Anybody want to race? Motors off. Conventional 2 cycle Chinese Motorized Bike Motors make your pedal bike into a difficult tank to pedal. Almost 0 resistance to pedal with the Pocket Bike Motor. I am marketing mounting kits this month. Watch for them.
Peace,
Sister Bike Company
I'm interested......... and I'll be watching in the swap and shop area which is where I suppose you will list what you are doing.

Map
Old 11-13-2013, 03:18 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Finished installing the new snake pipe today and took her out test run and comparison to the sick bike parts chamber. The Snake Pipe is like Anaconda, OOOOOWWWWWEEEEEE instant full range increase of power to the tune of like 30 percent more Unbelievable. Its like I put my Fred Tight case racing engine on . Simply phenomenal, no engine I ever ran , runs like this.I'll go as to say no more SBP chambers for this streetracer. As fast this engine rev one time out I know it'll kiss 9500+ , it was getting dark and I don't have Dash lights YET!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:58 AM

Talking Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffydavidson View Post
Finished installing the new snake pipe today and took her out test run and comparison to the sick bike parts chamber. The Snake Pipe is like Anaconda, OOOOOWWWWWEEEEEE instant full range increase of power to the tune of like 30 percent more Unbelievable. Its like I put my Fred Tight case racing engine on . Simply phenomenal, no engine I ever ran , runs like this.I'll go as to say no more SBP chambers for this streetracer. As fast this engine rev one time out I know it'll kiss 9500+ , it was getting dark and I don't have Dash lights YET!
Wow... tha sound pretty impressive HD, just imagine what it will be like on the Fred engine.....!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Howard View Post
To all- Be advised- I preach the second amendment without federal permission, quote the Bible without shame and play an unregistered banjo! Yer durn tootin' I'm clinging to my guns and Bible- they happen to be covered in the first and second amendments of what the liberals consider 'That old piece of paper'...
Not sure how we got on this subject but since we are Id like to add a few hard facts!! Here is the real reason they want our guns folks!!

AMERICA 'S HUNTERS ---
A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

(That’s more men under arms than in Iran . More than France and Germany combined. )

These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms,
and NO ONE WAS KILLED.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and
Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's illions more.

________ The point? _______________________________________

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower!

Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer.

It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought, when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens???
For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

P.S. how much was the Snake pipe H.D.?

Last edited by Jumpa; 11-13-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner