Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

was embarrassed last week at not being able to test a CDI on a guy's bike that had the chains off - built a CDI tester this week with timing marks

checking all new CDIs on the shelf shows some differ by about 4 degrees
Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 PM

Took the very first spill today had to lay her down sideways thankfully I don't see any scratches and only got a sore knee good think I wear a full face helmet
Old 10-29-2013, 08:12 PM

Always glad to hear no major injuries when a rider goes down, what caused the horizontal decent?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:12 PM

Avoided another car stopping suddenly swirved to much to the left almost hit the curb swirved to avoid that and I ended up on my side
Old 10-30-2013, 11:42 AM

People are just too busy TEXTING these days to pay attention to any thing, I was driving down the road the other day and here comes a car speeding by to get to a stop light for that extra time to text, next light same thing, and the next and the next finally when I got up beside him he looked at me rolled down the window and said " what the F^^k you looking at ?" I Held up my cell phone and said You! >Click< took his picture and let me tell ya he drove the SPD Limit straight and narrow for the next 10 miles.

People just don't give a Rats Ass any more about others they have they're agenda and anyone else is just a tress passer in they're world,
Glad to hear everything is OK! be Safe
Old 10-30-2013, 12:27 PM

Good one, truckd. The latest 'distracted driving' enforcement blitz they did here had the cops encouraging passengers to take pics of drivers using thier phones, texting, or whatever and had a number you could send the pics to.

Monday I mounted the new tank on the cruiser.. I had a minor flash of inspiration this time out and used a piece of a rubber tie down strap underneath it. I cut off one end, but left the thicker hook holder end on. The thicker section turned out to be perfect for shimming to compensate for the curve of the top bar.

While working yesterday I managed to salvage a bike from the dump. Later on I'll head to the garage and take a couple of pics and see what I can do with it. It's a bit smaller frame, so if a CG motor won't fit I'll either clean it up and CL it or strip it for parts.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 10-30-2013, 04:09 PM

before and after shots of the great big fatty X@ pipe on the bike, major mid gains with this pipe and the tube length, speedo quit working for some reason so I dont know if I lost anything on the top or not.

I worked on the pipe last night, got the areas where I brazed it cleaned up fairly good and then roughed it up real good and put several coats of high heat paint on, not sure how long this will last since its chrome under it though.

after a 10 mile ride today its already dirty in the last pic and it is a bit blurry but give an idea of how it looks just the same.

Map
Old 10-30-2013, 04:16 PM

That pipe is freaking massive.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post
That pipe is freaking massive.
Yeah it is, dang near to big actually, this one may not stay on here for long, I like how it runs but it is a bit big and makes the bike a pain to pedal.

Map
Old 10-30-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Yeah it is, dang near to big actually, this one may not stay on here for long, I like how it runs but it is a bit big and makes the bike a pain to pedal.

Map
Could always hit it a tad with a BFH.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner