Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Yesterday I rode about five miles, and didn't worry about a thing. It's nice when you finally get em right.

Exactly!! Sun on your back and wind in your face --- the same reason you see every dog smile'n when he has his head out the truck window!!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post

I had a bike similar to this one mine was a crane brook huffy the first time I stood on the pedal to take off the plastic pedal snapped off and almost hurt me something bad I replaced them out with these and after 4 years of hard daily ,year round riding, This set of pedals is all I have left of that bike!! Yours looks much better than mine did + I was weighing in @ 305lbs at the time

Last edited by Jumpa; 10-24-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:42 PM

i installed a puch 70cc hi hi head today

lots of pics and detailed instructions here.....

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread...591#post521591
Old 10-24-2013, 02:25 PM

Went to Denver to pick up a one Dyno but the guy never responded back to me, I even asked 2door to email the guy because he lives in the area. Funny story, I called a guy in Denver about a frame but he already sold it but he gave me a number to another fellow and after we talked he was on the hunt for me and found the Von Franco. Lots of nice people left in this world!

Anyways as things go it was a good thing, I wound up buying 2 Dynos for the same price as the one I wanted. The only thing these bikes didn't have are the stock triple tree forks which is a bummer but hopefully I can locate some good triple tree forks somewhere.

All packed in my car lol.

First bike is what I think is a older model because the front badge is a sticker and not a plate.

Second bike is a Von Franco, it came with the fenders and I'll be selling those along with the fake tank to replenish the building fund lol.

So many folks here helped me get to this point Culvercityclassic was a tremendous help even though I know he has a busy schedule so thanks again Jeff.

Dan.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 PM

Gave my bike a well deserved beating just earlier. Needed it. Runs great, coasts great. Gotta wonder if I shouldn't get it go 375mi between hub services. lol
Old 10-24-2013, 09:36 PM

Today I modified, painted and installed the clutch arm to level out the cable pull to the clutch cable roller and added some Gentleman's Bling and also installed the vintage clutch lever.

Here is a shot of the Allen Blots in both the Puch Head and the Fred Head very easy to line up with out mis-aligning the bottom or head gaskets, I use a copper coating on my gaskets ( stick's in place ) and then put them in place before lowering the cylinder and head into the final position so that all holes line up, doesn't take a Rocket scientist to figure it out and even with the stock heads that have been moderately modified or decked, I think it took longer to figure how to modify tools for install then it did to just get the bolts and an Allen socket for the Torque Wrench.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2103 (960x1280) (2).jpg (556.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2100 (960x1280).jpg (541.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2093 (1280x960).jpg (553.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2091 (1280x960).jpg (471.2 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by truckd; 10-24-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 PM

Well I decided to get rid of a bunch stuff... A couple bikes and a project I lost interest in... I am off in a different direction for a bit.... I will post in S&S what I have to offer
Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danschutz View Post
Went to Denver to pick up a one Dyno but the guy never responded back to me, I even asked 2door to email the guy because he lives in the area. Funny story, I called a guy in Denver about a frame but he already sold it but he gave me a number to another fellow and after we talked he was on the hunt for me and found the Von Franco. Lots of nice people left in this world!

Anyways as things go it was a good thing, I wound up buying 2 Dynos for the same price as the one I wanted. The only thing these bikes didn't have are the stock triple tree forks which is a bummer but hopefully I can locate some good triple tree forks somewhere.

All packed in my car lol.

First bike is what I think is a older model because the front badge is a sticker and not a plate.

Second bike is a Von Franco, it came with the fenders and I'll be selling those along with the fake tank to replenish the building fund lol.

So many folks here helped me get to this point Culvercityclassic was a tremendous help even though I know he has a busy schedule so thanks again Jeff.

Dan.
Wow that was a good score... I hope you are happy... I would be...
Old 10-25-2013, 04:06 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I think my bike wants a new carb and tank.

The nipple where the fuel line attaches at the carb popped out TWICE. I've never had that happen. Then when inspecting (on the side of the road, o'course) I noticed my petcock was loose. Like I could move it side to side loose. Goddonkey.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:29 PM

Get a Dax RT carb it is the best Dellorto Clone ever and in my opinion is better, very affordable too! and then get a petcock from S.B.P. problem solved. (basically forever)

http://thatsdax.com/ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_1.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-011L15-329x197.jpg (9.5 KB, 20 views)

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner