Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danschutz View Post
Got this in the other day, thanks to Mr. Map for leading me down the right paths. Im going to use this on my Balanced motor build but that will take most of the winter so why not throw it on the Huffy lol. Drilled it out and reamed the holes, after this pic was taken. The other head is the stocker.

When I took the head off it looked like the head gasket had a leak so that's possibly where I was losng some power and dealing with some weirdness tuning the carb. My bud Brian agreed and he is a ex motorcycle mechanic and also built Whizzer bikes in this area years ago so he has some experience in all this mess lol.

And here it is on the motor. I have yet to tighten the nuts down. I was at my buddies brains house and didn't want to sacrifice one of his sockets to the grinding wheel. Guess the test run will have to wait till tomorrow.

Oh and I swapped my front tire out and threw in some slime and tomorrow evening before my next ride Ill do the rear tire.

Once again I want to thank all the great characters here for all the help!!!!!

Dan.

Looks great Dan...... by the way I use 1/4" drive Craftsman deep socket to tighten the nuts oon my Puch heads, they work without needing to grind on them.

Map
Old 10-21-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danschutz View Post
I had a little snap crackle and pop going on with my set-up, after replacing the stock chain (with a 41 Tsubaki) it all went away. The Chinese chain had one or two links that would freeze up now again and once I got it off there I could feel the perpetrators.

Oh, and of course I added on of Maps gr00vy chain r0llers
My engine chain is new....25 miles on it. Sounded as if it was coming from the pedal side.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:35 AM

Over the weekend I setup my tube notcher.

I had to weld up a bracket to bolt it to the drill press table.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:12 PM

Got my ragjoint and sprocket installed back on my wheel again with new Class 8.8 nuts and bolts and blue loctite. Cleaned the pedal chain. Took it for a ride around the yard without the engine chain on it...rides great.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:36 PM

I think that tomorrow is gonna be a perfect day for an extended ride!! 70*, light winds, middle of the week.......yep, perfect!!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I decked my head today. Noticed some oil covering the top fin of the jug. Did the glass sadpaper method. But it was the fins that were gettin in the way of a good seal. Dunno if i warped the head during break in or if just bad casting. But all good now....purrs like a malnourished kitten.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:27 AM

I Hooked up the drive line
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2079 (1280x960) (1280x960).jpg (783.9 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by truckd; 10-22-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Looks great Dan...... by the way I use 1/4" drive Craftsman deep socket to tighten the nuts oon my Puch heads, they work without needing to grind on them.

Map
Oh dang, I think I remember you telling me that lol. That's what I will probably do as I will need a dedicated socket for these heads. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post
My engine chain is new....25 miles on it. Sounded as if it was coming from the pedal side.
Well I hope cleaning that chain fixes your woes Dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothered View Post
Over the weekend I setup my tube notcher.

I had to weld up a bracket to bolt it to the drill press table.
My ignorance will shine through right now (not that I try to disguise it) whats a tube notcher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch that Hurt View Post
I decked my head today. Noticed some oil covering the top fin of the jug. Did the glass sadpaper method. But it was the fins that were gettin in the way of a good seal. Dunno if i warped the head during break in or if just bad casting. But all good now....purrs like a malnourished kitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckd View Post
I Hook up the drive line
hmm. Ill have to take a second glance and see if my head wasn't warped, thought it was the gasket.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:43 AM

After some sweat and blistering hand-fab work on some 5mm plate steel for some custom offset mounts, I mock-mounted my rear sprocket on the wheel of a new chopper build. I swear balloons we're falling from the roof in my shed as I put the wheel and chain on to find that the chain alignment is near on perfect.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:36 AM

Drove 9 hours yesterday to pick up my highly anticipated project bike, then once I got there I bought two of them lol. I figured heck i already burnt up a bunch of gas getting here and the chances were slim to find two willing sellers. Will probably swap everything from my Huffy to one of these frames. Then immediate work on fundage damage control.

Dan.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner