Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Made a chain and clutch guard.... That clutch is a meat grinder and trust me I know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-27931659.jpg (505.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 10-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Just what Map said FMB!

One of the really great parts of our crazy hobby is you built her and can change, update or even start all over if you want.

One of the great things about the fine folks here, they will help you do any of that and cheer you on in your efforts.

There is no such thing as a bad build. They are all works in progress and a learning opportunity.

I dearly miss my first build. She was ugly, poorly done and would shake the teeth right out of your head. But man I loved that dumb thing.

Don't have to be beautiful, traffic stopping or any sort of marvel. Just has to be what you want or need and be all your doing to be a great work of functional art.

We are all students in varying degrees of expertise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 10-16-2013, 07:53 PM

I put fenders on the Black Jack today with leather washers, leather splash guard on the front fender and SS nuts & bolts. OOOOOOHHH!!!! Vintage Blingy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2061 (1280x960).jpg (773.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2068 (1280x960).jpg (770.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2062 (1280x960).jpg (492.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 10-16-2013, 08:51 PM

No fun! The crankshaft actually split! Between the counterweight and the flywheel/magneto rotor! I boxed up the dead engine hoping to find a replacement crank and gaskets to rebuild it, if the rest of it isn't too worn out. Surprised it didn't last longer, but it has been driven hard, and I got it as surplus, so I can't worry too much.

I found a post on here about someone clearing out a stock of "Viper" china clone 12v start 2 strokes for 100/pair shipped. I got a couple for spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
I pedaled mine home. ugh. The clutch blew up somehow. I was riding at 25mph and it started making a metallic racket. I thought it was a bearing or con rod, but the clutch was locked up. I'll have to pull the motor and figure out what happened. I hope the engine is ok!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Just what Map said FMB!

One of the really great parts of our crazy hobby is you built her and can change, update or even start all over if you want.

One of the great things about the fine folks here, they will help you do any of that and cheer you on in your efforts.

There is no such thing as a bad build. They are all works in progress and a learning opportunity.

I dearly miss my first build. She was ugly, poorly done and would shake the teeth right out of your head. But man I loved that dumb thing.

Don't have to be beautiful, traffic stopping or any sort of marvel. Just has to be what you want or need and be all your doing to be a great work of functional art.

We are all students in varying degrees of expertise.

If she doesn't find you handsome, at least she'll find you handy.......

Red Green
Old 10-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Staff

Har, lol. Red Green is the inspiration and excuse for a great many of my projects.

Makes ya wanna buy ductape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6MgODqMZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 10-17-2013, 11:09 AM

Noticed a Pop sound and a new vibration on my bike. Found it under the seat at the rear left mounting stud. Yeah it broke flush with the case. pulled the engine got out the dremmel and cut a slot into the barely exposed stud and was able to turn it out with a screwdriver. Reassembly tonight. Man oh Man the chain crud is the filthiest most stubborn stuff to clean off your hands. i will use stubble gloves to put the driveline on tonight.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:15 AM

Give yourself some time FMB. All these bikes are a reflection of some part of ourselves. Have fun.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen standley View Post
Give yourself some time FMB. All these bikes are a reflection of some part of ourselves. Have fun.

Hmmm.......mine is like Darth Vader with some lipstick. Wonder what that suggests for me??

Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen standley View Post
Noticed a Pop sound and a new vibration on my bike. Found it under the seat at the rear left mounting stud. Yeah it broke flush with the case. pulled the engine got out the dremmel and cut a slot into the barely exposed stud and was able to turn it out with a screwdriver. Reassembly tonight. Man oh Man the chain crud is the filthiest most stubborn stuff to clean off your hands. i will use stubble gloves to put the driveline on tonight.
The best hand cleaner without a doubt / hands down is Dawn "the blue stuff" dish soap mixed with sugar .. yes regular house hold sugar. and live tried them all 25 years of well drilling cutting and threading galv pipe black iron . the best stuff by far is Dawn dish soap and sugar It rips right through chain grease as if it was latex pain on your hands .. special attention to the finger tips will be needed of course bit for that I use the yellow and green sponge I use the green Brillo part for the finger tips .vinyl , latex , powdered or non..surgical gloves all last ME about 3 minutes or 3 or 4 nuts being threaded in and the finger its usually get holes in them but the do keep the rest off the hands clean and they are vital for any chain for what so ever just looking at the chin can get ya dirty

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner