Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:44 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Dan, if Im following you correctly........ you're wanting a coaster brake rear wheel on the bike.

As far as I know all single speed coaster brake hubs are relatively the same width, if you want a good heavy spoked 26" coaster wheel you can get a good one at a good price at http://huskybicycles.com

I hope Im following what you said correctly....... sorry if I missed something.

Map
I probably bumbled my point lol. I have a coaster wheel but I want a freewheel that has either the same width or maybe a little bigger because my other freewheel wheels are so much wider I just don't want the stress on the frame. My current bike I had to spread the frame to get a freewheel with 5 sprockets in there, but like I said this older Huffy is much narrower.

I found a Point Beach Schwinn on Facebook that I might be able to buy for 80 bucks if the seller would get a hold of me, I think that rear wheel would solve my issues. Actually I might keep the Schwinn as is and paint the frame flat black or a flat darkish blue color. My only issue with the Schwinn is I'll probably be stuck again with sub par wheels. Geez it's confusing staying on task when I can't visualize the end product due to my lack of knowledge lol. But with you guys helping it sure makes things easier!

Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackfodder View Post
I like the Worksman bike rear wheel. It is about $66 and has 0.10" spokes, 4" sprocket. Coaster brake. Actually, I got fed up with the brake and went to foot-operated bike rim caliper. With a motorcycle front wheel with disk brake/ go kart caliper I can shut down safely from ~55 now.
I've heard great reviews on that wheel and your set up sounds great but its all Greek to me!
Dan.

Last edited by Danschutz; 09-29-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:40 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

WELL, after a week of self imprisonment In the "Bike Kave" I rose to discover that the world was just as I had left it . Damit anyway. 6 CDI's 2 rolls of solder later its goods to get some second hand smoke . Today I ran the mail man down on my bike because he left without delivering me my three packages . I knew you had them because the tracking numbers in I for delivery yet the box was empty . So being the complete maniac that I am , I jumped on my bike with just my shorts and t-shirt and Fire mother up. After , hijacking what was rightfully mine I return back to the "bike Kave".
Old 09-30-2013, 03:17 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Well today I rode over to home depot and got the hardware I need to mount my led turn signals .
Old 09-30-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffydavidson View Post
Well today I rode over to home depot and got the hardware I need to mount my led turn signals .
Pix when you get it done would be great......

Map
Old 10-01-2013, 12:15 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Today I got most if it installed and 2 Morrow I'll wire it up.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:00 PM

Well, I found out that my bike absolutely hates 9000ft elevation. Didn't think it was gonna start --- ran like poop when it did. Never did get the carb adjusted to where it was acceptable. Decided the bike won't go to the mountains anymore.

With this in mind, I think that a question we should ask a 'newbie' is "what elevation do you live?" when they post that 'won't start' thread.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

broke in the new chain, took a bad bump with the old one :\

Old 10-03-2013, 06:18 AM

I put new pedals on it. I tried to bend back the Dax Friction Drive tension strap by standing on it, but it's stout! I will have to use a hammer or bench vise! (it got bent by falling into the wheel weeks ago when some trash in the wheel knocked it loose.)
Old 10-03-2013, 06:20 AM

If it's the "china doll" engine, you could customize a carb for that elevation, and bring a spare for everything lower. Since it's so easy to swap carbs on the china kit engines, that is probably the best solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Well, I found out that my bike absolutely hates 9000ft elevation. Didn't think it was gonna start --- ran like poop when it did. Never did get the carb adjusted to where it was acceptable. Decided the bike won't go to the mountains anymore.

With this in mind, I think that a question we should ask a 'newbie' is "what elevation do you live?" when they post that 'won't start' thread.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post

There's information about air density and altitude available at this site: Engineering Toolbox. More specifically, this page covers air density and altitude.

I haven't explored the altitude factor much, I found it when I was looking at air temperature and it's effects on volume (thread regarding that is here).

Hope the links help a bit.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner