Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Darn it hate to hear of the engine trouble.

Hope you get it all lined out soon.

Map
I ordered a proper GT5 Cylinder direct from kingsmotorbikes where i bought the original kit. I'm hoping that does the trick once I do my own special work to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckd View Post
Bonus parts .....
Ok if that was the vid of engine missing/timing what did I miss?
Parts of the video. Mostly the last 2 segments of it. The initial clips are when it was running very well - not 100%. When it was perfect the bike would do a GPS verified 43.62mph. During the nighttime clips it was right around 38mph.

somewhere i lost my top end. Either way, i've gotten a new cylinder body coming ready to port and smooth out and toss on the bike. Hoping that will cross the 40 mark again with the timing corrected.

in the meantime while i wait for parts to arrive i have to get 2 snapped front motor mount studs out of my friend (seen in the video) matt's bike. somehow he sheared them off and didnt notice until right before we nearly embarked on a 80mi journey yesterday!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonusParts View Post
I ordered a proper GT5 Cylinder direct from kingsmotorbikes where i bought the original kit. I'm hoping that does the trick once I do my own special work to it

Parts of the video. Mostly the last 2 segments of it. The initial clips are when it was running very well - not 100%. When it was perfect the bike would do a GPS verified 43.62mph. During the nighttime clips it was right around 38mph.

somewhere i lost my top end. Either way, i've gotten a new cylinder body coming ready to port and smooth out and toss on the bike. Hoping that will cross the 40 mark again with the timing corrected.

in the meantime while i wait for parts to arrive i have to get 2 snapped front motor mount studs out of my friend (seen in the video) matt's bike. somehow he sheared them off and didnt notice until right before we nearly embarked on a 80mi journey yesterday!
Hope you get things fixed up and back to good soon.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Hope you get things fixed up and back to good soon.
Thanks! Im hoping to have my friends motor off tonight (in other words he is coming over to take it apart while i supervise.... i didnt break it after all!) so we can get that sorted out, then I'll be taking my original 43mph cylinder to have the exhaust stud holes helicoiled if possible.

If i cant save the old cylinder... i have a new one on order just needs ported and height checked upon arrival.

I'll be compiling a new video tonight with some footage from around the Philly Art museum as well as some miscellaneous riding footage i've captured.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonusParts View Post
Thanks! Im hoping to have my friends motor off tonight (in other words he is coming over to take it apart while i supervise.... i didnt break it after all!) so we can get that sorted out, then I'll be taking my original 43mph cylinder to have the exhaust stud holes helicoiled if possible.

If i cant save the old cylinder... i have a new one on order just needs ported and height checked upon arrival.

I'll be compiling a new video tonight with some footage from around the Philly Art museum as well as some miscellaneous riding footage i've captured.
Good luck with the buds bike and with the heli coil project, heli coils are very easy to install and work great for bad threads in aluminum.

looking forward to the next video.

Map
Old 09-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I finished running the pipe to the rear on The Pig today, after a long trip downtown. I got tired of smelling exhaust every time I turned around.
A tiny bit quieter as well. Need to repack the silencer with some excellent 3m scuff pad like material I scored from the side of the road. I think it's industrial air filter, has a texture just like a 3m scuff pad and holds up very well as packing. Much longer than fiberglass...
Maybe tomorrow.
Downtown by the bluff before the pipe work.

The longer pipe finished!

Also saw an old customer for some repairs. He broke his coaster brake retainer and spun the bearings all out of whack. Fixed him right up. Thrilled to see my frame repair and mount are holding up just fine.
Man I still LOVE these beefy wheels! Owner still won't sell it to me.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:54 PM

maniac57, Who makes these wheels you speak of?

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 09-16-2013, 11:24 PM

Rode uptown for a 6-pack.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
Rode uptown for a 6-pack.
Every ride is a good ride and having a nice cold suds when you get home to enjoy aint a bad ride.

Map
Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Where's the fun in that.....??!! All kidding aside, I probably get as much enjoyment out of 'tinkering' as I do riding.
my wife is alerlergic to gas can't have any gas in the garage so now I just tinker with electric! what a shock if u mess up! got 3 electric EV's . mini-mini - extreme 2012 e-bike & my 94 Goldwing 6cil. that I took the gas motor out & put a big fork lift motor in it. like a big bicycle! I give up even trying to post pictures on this form to hard for me to follow instruction on the computer easy you but to complicated for me! if you want to see pictures go to my Facebook page you can see there what is going on just log on to Jack Riggi it is open to public! if you check it out let me know what you think before I go to jail for my 7 tickets on my new ride! I tried to post a picture but it failed again!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:34 PM

Raining here today so no work outside could be done on anything but, I did make up several Chain tensioner rollers, made one and mailed it to fellow motorbiker and forum member, and then got a wild hair and decided to make up a few more since I had the roler wheels just sitting in a box begging to get GROOVY.....!

so now I have some Yellow ones, Green ones, White ones and one Red one left, fairly time consuming but didn't have much else to do so I just made up more Rollers than I would ever need in two life times....LOL!

Peace, Map

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner