Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:40 PM
a guy who makes cool bikes

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

today i started stripping down another bike, called "the company" still trying to get prices for my new bikes (which might turn into another stomped-on dream,) then i gassed up my bike and went to the liquor store to stock up on smokes and sodas.

it's gonna be in the upper 90's here today, so i'm gonna sit in front of the air conditioner all day...
Old 11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
today i started stripping down another bike, called "the company" still trying to get prices for my new bikes (which might turn into another stomped-on dream,) then i gassed up my bike and went to the liquor store to stock up on smokes and sodas.

it's gonna be in the upper 90's here today, so i'm gonna sit in front of the air conditioner all day...
I KNOW! VERY HOT HERE! LOVE IT! great motorized bicycle riding weather.

I Got my engine to fire up today, all i could do with my time lol
Old 11-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

rode that b**** HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:06 PM

ok ok so heres the story
first off i got a new gt5 motor and complety dissasembled it. that wasnt the problem the problem was after looking at how the crank case tranfer ports lined up with the cylinder transfer ports i realized the case ports were way smaller than the cylinders
i compared the gt5 cylinder with a gt4cylinder and found several differences first the cylinder apeared to be smaller on gt4 the bottom port openings for the gt4 were smaller and more fit to the crank case also the exaust and intake manifolds were smaller on the gt4 the gt5 indeed had better breathing capibility stock

well to move on i decided to match the crank case to the gt5 head and it worked till i decided that the flow into case should be smoother and thats where i got into trouble i ground throu the case into the magneto compartment

i went to a welding shop and asked what it would take they said 100 bucks an hour so i was like frack that ill just buy a new case but then my neighbor just got back in town hes a aircraft mechanic who hasnt tigged in a while i gave it to him to see what he could do about it

so theres the story ill include some pics of the case i still have matched to cylinder port and the two different cylinders gt4 and gt5

notice the awesome stock paint the black cylinder is gt5 and silver is gt4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg larger crank case opening.jpg (74.0 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg gt5 and gt4 port comparisons.jpg (74.5 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg crank case and cylider.jpg (77.9 KB, 150 views)
Old 11-03-2010, 07:17 PM

ok so i fogot to mention what i did today i opened up the exaust manifold that came with expansion chamber it was pitifully made i wish i would have takin before pics but now it is smooth and just a hair lager than exaust opening its gonna breath very well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manifold port matched.jpg (50.2 KB, 116 views)
Old 11-03-2010, 07:31 PM

Put a new Aluminum Drain Plug Gasket on the GXH50 because I wasn't paying attention when I removed the drain plug last time. After an hour of fruitless searching I gave up and used a steel washer with a little silicone as the gasket. Amazon.com had ten 8mm X 15mm Aluminum Gaskets specifically for the GX600 Suzuki which cost around five bucks plus shipping. So now I have nine more gaskets just in case..... Tomorrow I'll see if the Suzuki gasket will make the bike go faster.

Then I put two Axle adjusters on the rear axle so I can lock the axles into the dropouts and also have precise chain adjustment capability.

I had to drive my wife uptown for an appointment and no matter how nicely I talked I couldn't convince her to ride in on the crossbar of my bike. So I had to drive her up in the car and didn't get a ride in today.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 AM

i put a rear rack on my bike
im so glad i no longer have to carry my tools pump survival gear warm clothing rain gear food water and more warm clothing

that stuff fills my back pack up and makes a ride uncomfortable now i can go in comfort and know i have warm clothing and fire starter

ahhh life is always improving
Old 11-04-2010, 02:08 AM

Got a look inside my engine and found out what happened to the carb barrel slide tit. That sucker got sucked in and spit out the exhaust according to the nick in the cylinder about 1/8 inch above the exhaust port. The piston is cruddy on top and the coloration is clean toward the intake and dirtier toward exhaust. I'm hoping the yamalube will gradually clean some of the deposit. Plug is looking good.

I just want about 10 more MPH with plenty of torque for the hills without spending a fortune or blowing the thing up every other week.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:26 AM

took the jug off and replaced the bottom gasket after removing any overlay into the transfer ports. Cleaned all the carbon rubbish off the top of the piston and head. Replaced the mag crank seal putting gasket goo around it, hopefully it wont come out again. Cleaned up the ports in the head with a dremel trying to also slightly raise the exhaust port a poofteenth. Lost the primer button somehow on the speed carb so improvised with a elec. screw connector. Cleaned all dags of gasket goo out of the path of the intake manifold. Lenthened my stand by and inch. Walked around it lookin for more $#1+ to do.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:57 AM

contemplating getting a coaster brake hub for the bike... just not sure how well the thing will fit a 135mm dropout spacing...

according to shimano the axle on the CB-E110 is 165mm wide. Shimano CB-E110 Single Speed Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner