Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:29 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Went and got another charger for the lighting system today .
Hey Map, the "HUM-DINGER" looking good old boy .
In your scenic photo, I'm pretty sure I can see dodge dude way off in the background sucking cactus juice!
LMAO
Old 09-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffydavidson View Post
Went and got another charger for the lighting system today .
Hey Map, the "HUM-DINGER" looking good old boy .
In your scenic photo, I'm pretty sure I can see dodge dude way off in the background sucking cactus juice!
LMAO
Thanks....... yeah the Hum-Dinger is humming a better tune with the Puch Head.... Dang-it I was wondering who that was out there in the distance.

That one rain cloud reminded me of my experiences in life many times..... I come up with what I think is a good plan and no one else wants to be a part..... I start raining and raising heck and everyone else just stands back looking instead of joining in....... sometimes I've been that lone cloud raining like carzy and no one will play.....LOL!

Map
Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 AM

Today I started porting the cylinder body for higher RPM as well as deburring and cleaning the sharp edges off the ports before i snap off a ring!

Later I'll be reinstalling my cleaned piston with a new wrist pin bearing and rings. Hopefully I'll be finished porting tonight and can get the motor reassembled and sealed up.

Planning to use the thin copper gaskets I have and give them a solid coat of copper gasket spray hopefully keep them sealed for the duration.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonusParts View Post
Today I started porting the cylinder body for higher RPM as well as deburring and cleaning the sharp edges off the ports before i snap off a ring!

Later I'll be reinstalling my cleaned piston with a new wrist pin bearing and rings. Hopefully I'll be finished porting tonight and can get the motor reassembled and sealed up.

Planning to use the thin copper gaskets I have and give them a solid coat of copper gasket spray hopefully keep them sealed for the duration.
Best wishes on the rebuild....

Map
Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Yesterday I received the center stand for "heavy Bikes" from Amazon. Installed it on my Genesis Astra and it is great. Solid aluminum and it will keep the rear wheel in the air for running on stand. Love it.

Now waiting on Mr. Postman for the box of goodies from SBP. Gonna tackle the expansion chamber and some chrome stuff. I love this Hobby.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Best wishes on the rebuild....

Map
Thank you! hopefully this new rendition will yield me some impressive go pro videos! ha
Old 09-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Thank you! hopefully this new rendition will yield me some impressive go pro videos! ha
I hope so to, I love to watch peoples riding videos........ some think they are all about the same and boring but not me, I like them and have made a couple myself, its almost like I'm there when I watch the vids.....LOL!

Map
Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
Yesterday I received the center stand for "heavy Bikes" from Amazon. Installed it on my Genesis Astra and it is great. Solid aluminum and it will keep the rear wheel in the air for running on stand. Love it.

Now waiting on Mr. Postman for the box of goodies from SBP. Gonna tackle the expansion chamber and some chrome stuff. I love this Hobby.
Oh.....Yeah...... its a very addicting Hobby and lots of fun..... as much as I enjoy my motorcycles and enjoy tinkering with my motor bikes even more.... keeps me busy with something rewarding when I'm not at my job and keeps me here at the forum with all the great people here that have the same love for the motor bikes.

Map
Old 09-11-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
I hope so to, I love to watch peoples riding videos........ some think they are all about the same and boring but not me, I like them and have made a couple myself, its almost like I'm there when I watch the vids.....LOL!

Map
Yeah we have several hours of footage from our last couple midnight expeditions.

hopefully can add a full run to the philly art museum and back in the next week or two!
Old 09-11-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah we have several hours of footage from our last couple midnight expeditions.

hopefully can add a full run to the philly art museum and back in the next week or two!
I look forward to the vid when you get one done.

map

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner