Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckd View Post
I made a Cable Stop Arm for the Clutch Cable Roller Wheel, made it out of an old Huffy cable brake Pull, took about 6 hrs to design and fabricate to run a cable with precession alignment and since it takes so long just to do one I made two, one for the next advenure
That is a beautiful motor! I hear a lot of complaints about the clutch but for some reason mine feels great. Is the benefit of this mod to make it easier to pull the clutch in or just a better feel? Im a new here so I hope this isn't a real dumb question lol.

Dan.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:05 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Unhappy Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Well the 12 volt battery and charger showed up today and the freaking charger had been smashed. E-mail the seller and got 1/2 my money back to buy one in town.
Gota love just Fea-bay.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:06 AM

Bummer HD!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danschutz View Post
That is a beautiful motor! I hear a lot of complaints about the clutch but for some reason mine feels great. Is the benefit of this mod to make it easier to pull the clutch in or just a better feel? Im a new here so I hope this isn't a real dumb question lol.

Dan.
A clutch roller can make it much smoother and easier on the hand, the pulley reduces the amount of force it takes to pull the lever.
I have something similar installed on the three bikes in my garage, and wouldn't think of doing another build without one.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 PM

Been busy with bikes last two days, got both my Puch heads painted with some VHT Extreme High Heat paint along with getting holes drilled out for the M8x1.25 studs which I also made up a set of for the Kulana Bikes Dax GP360 engine.

Here are pix of the Kulana with Puch 70cc Hi Hi Compression Head

Since putting this head on and even though I dont have my expansion exhaust built for it yet and still have the stock rejetted NT carb. I'm getting a WOT RPM reading of a 7860rpms on my Tach and with the 34T rear sprocket I'm scooting right alone.......Yea Haw...!

Map
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130909_170335.jpg (268.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 20130909_173015.jpg (550.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20130909_160123.jpg (448.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 09-10-2013, 11:12 PM

Yesterday I also worked on the Huffy Karaoke a bit, removed the stock slant head and replaced it with the Puch 50cc Hi Hi Compression head I purchased from a member (k.mah), I sued two head gaskets to eliminate piston contact with the head since it has such a small chamber, the engines on both bikes that I have put these heads on definitely run much cooler to the touch after installing the Puch heads and the perfromance is very good on both the Dax engine and the BGF that is on the Karaoke, I will never run the stock heads again unless I have to for clearance reasons on a bike, I can see now that the simply modified Puch heads or going with a better cooling custom head like the ones that Fred makes is an advantage for keeping the engines running cooler, I have always had good luck with the stock heads but the quality compared to the Puch heads and the custom ones is like daylight and dark, wish I had done this upgrade a long time ago.

anyway, here is the Huffy Davidson (H-D) with its new head.

Map
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130909_184415.jpg (669.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 20130909_184426.jpg (660.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20130909_184444.jpg (651.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 PM

^That a 66?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:17 PM

Got my new tires mounted on the Quando wheels that I took off a Schwinn Comfort bike, the wheels dont have any bigger spokes than the ones that are already on the Kulana but they are really smooth rollers and I think the Brick tread tires with the Orange sidewalls look good on them, this bike is getting a suspension fork and the new tire and wheel when I have the time to swap it all out, gonna get a rear fuel tank in place of the peanut tank and a couple other things before I'm done.

also on my way to town yesterday I snapped a pic of a single rain cloud among many others that were just hanging there looking pretty, this is on top of one of the hills I ride up just about a mile from my home, I thought this was a nice scene so I thought I would share a little bit of dry hot Texas with ya'll.

Map
.wee,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130909_194718.jpg (566.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 20130908_170848.jpg (387.6 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by mapbike; 09-10-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post
^That a 66?
Yes, BGF 66cc with the large frame front mount engine, not nearly as smooth as the Dax Balanced engine, but it will cruise comfortably all day long at 32 MPH, its as smooth as the Dax up to that speed and then after that it gets those dreaded numb the hands and the butt vibes....LOL!

this is the Puch 50cc Hi Hi Head, ( It required two head gaskets ) set this head on three of my engines with only one gasket and the piston made contact on all of them but with the added gasket it is fine and still has good compression.

Map
Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckd View Post
I made a Cable Stop Arm for the Clutch Cable Roller Wheel, made it out of an old Huffy cable brake Pull, took about 6 hrs to design and fabricate to run a cable with precession alignment and since it takes so long just to do one I made two, one for the next advenure
Just wanted to say that the roller looks excellent and that engine itself looks darn good also...... very nice detail work on it, everything nice and smooth.

Map

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner