Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Went from four finger stoppies to two finger stoppies.
Seriously, not too much difference between the disc and the V-brakes, just a bit stronger.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I made a clutch cable roller today out of a closet/screen door roller this will drastically reduce the tension on the lever and cable, next I will have to heat and bend the clutch cable arm in an upward direction so that the cable will run level and then use a vintage rear hub brake arm for the cable stop bracket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1993 (1024x768).jpg (332.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1996 (1024x768).jpg (314.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1998 (1024x768).jpg (446.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2000 (1024x768).jpg (488.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckd View Post
I made a clutch cable roller today out of a closet/screen door roller this will drastically reduce the tension on the lever and cable, next I will have to heat and bend the clutch cable arm in an upward direction so that the cable will run level and then use a vintage rear hub brake arm for the cable stop bracket.
Good job on that, I've had a couple of the rollers planned fora long time now just never got around to doing them yet.

Looks good

Map
Old 09-07-2013, 01:19 AM

I fixed my rear wheel (half a dozen new spokes, after some got blown out by some trash in the wheel). This wheel is awesome (KT High Stop, with Alex DH rim, 12g spokes). The rim wasn't even bothered.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

My 12VDC DOT approved Brake/Tailight arrived today. I'm still waiting for the battery&charger to come next week. So I set it up with just a regular 9 volt , unbelievable how bright it is it's going to be running on 3 more volts Wow .

Last edited by Huffydavidson; 09-07-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:34 AM

Hey Map.....
This little system is great and don't cost much either a little time consuming but that's because it's mostly precession alignment, go to my thread "Blood Thursty" and check that set up out, this ones going to be a little different.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckd View Post
Hey Map.....
This little system is great and don't cost much either a little time consuming but that's because it's mostly precession alignment, go to my thread "Blood Thursty" and check that set up out, this ones going to be a little different.
Ok...... will do when I get off work in the morning, at work on my Galaxy III. Phone and cant see much or type very well on this dang touch screen, phone is great but will never take the place of my 23" flat screen computer monitor......
Old 09-07-2013, 01:53 AM

That will be post # 245 page 25 AH? or 26 for the clutch roller wheel set up.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

It took me quite a few months to get this bike put together, due to various things, I didn't just want to slap on an engine kit and call it a mobike. I wanted to do something awesome like a custom built 12 volt lighting assem. complete with brake lights and turn signals. Got everything done and got it running, Took it for a short ride. having some issues dialing in the idol. I forgot to set me brakes too, so I had to flintstone it when I came to a stop on her 1 mile maiden voyage. GOT to do something about the exhaust, I cut it a couple months back to lengthen it to the rear wheel and just haven't bent the little piece and welded it back, it's so freakin loud. all in all she rode good! Those little china engines aren't that bad they just ain't a Briggs...

AND THEN!!!!

I SET MY motobike on fire! Was trying to set the idol, used my lighter to see the adjust screw. Didn't know there was a leake from a crack in the fuel filter... FRWOOSH! flames covered the gas line, carb and parts of the engine itself. I just knew that it was going to explode in my face if the flames got to the tank. I was blowing and slaping as hard as I could trying to get the flames out, Finally got it put out no injuries to myself or the bike, though my heart was beating so hard I thought I was going to pass out lol

Lesson learned? Don't work on anything gas powered in the dark without a flashlight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1185762_690335557647754_1770221448_n.jpg (138.2 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by PaPa_FoZzY; 09-07-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: wanted to add a pic
Old 09-07-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa_FoZzY View Post
It took me quite a few months to get this bike put together, due to various things, I didn't just want to slap on an engine kit and call it a mobike. I wanted to do something awesome like a custom built 12 volt lighting assem. complete with brake lights and turn signals. Got everything done and got it running, Took it for a short ride. having some issues dialing in the idol. I forgot to set me brakes too, so I had to flintstone it when I came to a stop on her 1 mile maiden voyage. GOT to do something about the exhaust, I cut it a couple months back to lengthen it to the rear wheel and just haven't bent the little piece and welded it back, it's so freakin loud. all in all she rode good! Those little china engines aren't that bad they just ain't a Briggs...

AND THEN!!!!

I SET MY motobike on fire! Was trying to set the idol, used my lighter to see the adjust screw. Didn't know there was a leake from a crack in the fuel filter... FRWOOSH! flames covered the gas line, carb and parts of the engine itself. I just knew that it was going to explode in my face if the flames got to the tank. I was blowing and slaping as hard as I could trying to get the flames out, Finally got it put out no injuries to myself or the bike, though my heart was beating so hard I thought I was going to pass out lol

Lesson learned? Don't work on anything gas powered in the dark without a flashlight

Looks good and yeah open flame around fuel is not a good thing unless you intend to start a fire....

Map

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner